Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Buying a car - Traffic Permit?

Buying a car - Traffic Permit?

Postby blingle » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi there.

A while ago, a forum member posted that when buying a car, "You must apply ASAP for a traffic permit...costs less than €10..."

What is the 'traffic permit'? I've Googled 'traffic permit Spain' but can't find anything relevant.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Re: Buying a car - Traffic Permit?

Postby polop » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:32 pm

blingle wrote:Hi there.

A while ago, a forum member posted that when buying a car, "You must apply ASAP for a traffic permit...costs less than €10..."

What is the 'traffic permit'? I've Googled 'traffic permit Spain' but can't find anything relevant.

I bought mine, needed no traffic permit,? Just NIE, deeds of property..I think that was it and of course money..
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby marcliff » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 pm

The "traffic permit" is simply a document to say you have registered your foreign licence with trafico.
It is not obligatory but, if you are picked up for a transgression, the fine will get to you so you can pay it for the lower price and not incur interest.
It also shows that you are within the period where you haven't yet got to exchange your licence which could come in handy with the police.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby blingle » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks for the replies. The original post stating "must" and "ASAP" was slightly concerning, and no-one at the dealership had mentioned it!

I am non-resident, so won't be exchanging my licence.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar