Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Free Bus

Re: New Free Bus

Postby polop » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Shiva all points very good although
Still shocked at how many people drink and drive around Quesada, but it seems to be quite obviously linked to transport in and around Quesada being a bit difficult. ) No excuse for any drinking and driving, if you want to drink and you can't walk to bar get a taxi, if you can't afford a taxi you can't afford to drink...
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Shiva » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 pm

polop wrote:Shiva all points very good although
Still shocked at how many people drink and drive around Quesada, but it seems to be quite obviously linked to transport in and around Quesada being a bit difficult. ) No excuse for any drinking and driving, if you want to drink and you can't walk to bar get a taxi, if you can't afford a taxi you can't afford to drink...

I agree that people shouldn't drink and drive. The point I was making was that legal taxis are not always so easy to come by especially at busy times , there just aren't enough of them , which is clearly down to the limited number of licenses issued, it seems to be a bit of a'closed shop'. And if you go out for a night you don't want to be stuck having to risk waiting for ages for a taxi to get home etc etc. I assume that's why some people do drink and drive , I didn't think it was anything to do with cost.

For me it just means I only go out locally ( we deliberately chose a house within walking distance of local amenities ) , since I am the designated driver and there's only so many mineral waters and bottles of 'Sin' I can tolerate. I would quite like to be able to go a bit further afield for an evening sometimes but not going to risk getting stuck somewhere.
Shiva

Postby cheflady » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Polop I so agree with you my nine yr old son got killed by a driver five times over the legal limit his inquest was on his 10th birthday I must admit I socked him one giving him a black eye and guess what I was arrested for GBH yet he walked free from court apart for a fine and five yr ban! Justice? I think not!!!
cheflady

Postby polop » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Shiva agree regarding taxi service But (And if you go out for a night you don't want to be stuck having to risk waiting for ages for a taxi to get home etc etc. I assume that's why some people do drink and drive , I didn't think it was anything to do with cost. ) People who drink and drive, take a conscious decision to drink and drive and you can not use a bad taxi service as an excuse, not acceptable in any way! And in this area most who do drink and drive are old enough to know better.
polop

Postby polop » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:27 pm

cheflady wrote:Polop I so agree with you my nine yr old son got killed by a driver five times over the legal limit his inquest was on his 10th birthday I must admit I socked him one giving him a black eye and guess what I was arrested for GBH yet he walked free from court apart for a fine and five yr ban! Justice? I think not!!!

So very sorry to hear that , but People never learn, they always have some excuse.
polop

Postby Shiva » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:37 pm

polop wrote:
cheflady wrote:Polop I so agree with you my nine yr old son got killed by a driver five times over the legal limit his inquest was on his 10th birthday I must admit I socked him one giving him a black eye and guess what I was arrested for GBH yet he walked free from court apart for a fine and five yr ban! Justice? I think not!!!

So very sorry to hear that , but People never learn, they always have some excuse.

Yes, very very sorry to hear that Chef Lady, noone would have blamed you for socking him, ridiculous you got charged.
Shiva

Postby elchedave » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:32 pm

To me there are two initial problems here, firstly regarding taxis, the drivers would rather hang around waiting for a lucrative fair to the clubs/pubs in Torrevieja from the younger people than take a couple of us "mature" ones to/from a local bar/restaurant.
Secondly, lots of people cry about not having a local bus service to get to Torre, beach, Rojales etc but quite simply, people in & around Quesada don't use public transport. A few years ago there was a free bus from Rojales to Habaneras shopping centre every Wednesday at various times during the day/evening & every Friday evening. My wife & i used this service most weeks & 9 out of 10 times we were on our own, we even joked that it was our own private taxi. This run stopped because, you've guessed it, no one used it, much the same as the now defunct Quesada/Rojales route.
I do think however, the Mayor/town hall have listened to complaints regarding the lack of public transport around the Urb & put on a bus that quite frankly, not many people would use, just so they can say at the next local meeting "well we did try but no one used it"
Most Quesada residents would love a bus that would get them to Guardamar (although that stopped running through Quesada because very few people used it) Torrevieja & maybe Alicante.
Just my view guys!!!!
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Previous