Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Free Bus

New Free Bus

Postby lynnemalkin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi
I have the timetable for the new free bus from Quesada to Rojales that runs Monday-Friday, does this replace the market bus on a Thursday into Rojales or is this in addition to it. Assuming with the new bus as it has so many stops you can jump on and off as and where you please too, is that right?
Thanks
lynnemalkin

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: New Free Bus

Postby Dot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi, if not done already could someone post the timetable please.
Thanks
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Dot wrote:Hi, if not done already could someone post the timetable please.
Thanks

It's on this topic

post149415.html?hilit=Free%20Rojales%20bus#p149415
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Dot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Thank you Jan
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Red Rock » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:47 am

lynnemalkin wrote:Hi
I have the timetable for the new free bus from Quesada to Rojales that runs Monday-Friday, does this replace the market bus on a Thursday into Rojales or is this in addition to it. Assuming with the new bus as it has so many stops you can jump on and off as and where you please too, is that right?
Thanks
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Dom » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Just wondering if this free bus is still operating as I was at the country club 10mins before it was due to arrive and I waited there for 30mins but no bus appeared?

Has anyone got this bus recently and does anyone know where exactly it stops at the country club as I was waiting beside the phone box at the front entrance - is that correct?

Cheers
Dom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Lynne52 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:49 pm

I have been told that this bus is no longer operational, don't know why. I guess that enough of us didn't use it. We are really disappointed because we don't have transport and relied on the bus !! I believe the Thursday market bus is still running but not sure of the times.
Lynne52

Postby Dom » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks, thats a real shame if true. Is there anything stopping someone running a daily/weekly minibus from Quesada to the beach similar to the golf holiday minibuses in the area?
Dom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Red Rock » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:32 pm

only found out on Thursday that the daily bus has finished due to the very low take up

not seen it in print anywhere all by word of mouth (as works so well in Quesada)
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Shiva » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 pm

A pity if this is no longer running, though am not surprised. One bus a day at what seemed to be an odd sort of time ( not even giving time to have lunch in Rojales ) and just as people are getting to hear about it and usage might rise, it stops. It was a nice idea but perhaps they should have done some more research on local needs/wishes etc especially on the proposed timetable . Buses don't even have to be free, just a bit more frequent.

The trouble with the buses is very chicken-and-egg. It's said there isn't enough demand and that's why the few buses that sometimes run, stop running. But Buses need to be seen to be reliable, well advertised and reasonably frequent for people to start using them regularly . But if they aren't reliable etc people won't start using them and then it looks like no demand....

Just like how there aren't enough taxi licences issued ( presumably deliberately to restrict supply) , and people are forced to look to illegal 'lifts' to get about locally or else they drink and drive. ( Still shocked at how many people drink and drive around Quesada, but it seems to be quite obviously linked to transport in and around Quesada being a bit difficult. )

That's another pointer for people looking to buy to consider the importance of being within walking distance of bars, restaurants etc. And need to have a car.
Shiva

Next