Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Vaping in bars

Re: Vaping in bars

Postby Babu » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:46 am

AMK wrote:Aerosolised aromatic spittle drifting into your beer and over your food ? No - unacceptable.

It’s not just “steam” once it’s been round your mouth and lungs, is it ?

Spain has adopted fairly strict legislation banning smoking in public places, which has since been extended to cover e-cigs. Vaping is therefore banned wherever smoking is also not allowed, which covers enclosed public spaces, as well as directly outside some public spaces such as hospitals.

Whilst not disagreeing with any of the comments made, its common courtesy after all, isn't what AMK just said called breathing? . . . its just that its less visible?
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Glassfull » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:13 am

Babu wrote:
AMK wrote:Aerosolised aromatic spittle drifting into your beer and over your food ? No - unacceptable.

It’s not just “steam” once it’s been round your mouth and lungs, is it ?

Spain has adopted fairly strict legislation banning smoking in public places, which has since been extended to cover e-cigs. Vaping is therefore banned wherever smoking is also not allowed, which covers enclosed public spaces, as well as directly outside some public spaces such as hospitals.

Whilst not disagreeing with any of the comments made, its common courtesy after all, isn't what AMK just said called breathing? . . . its just that its less visible?

The exhalation of smoke or vape is usually done more forcefully than just breathing so, I believe AMK’s scenario to be a more accurate description of things
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paulr » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:39 pm

This happened to my wife and me in a restaurant in Rojales. We asked the owner why he was allowing people to vape inside his premises, but he said it wasn't illegal. Now that I know it definitely is, I will correct restaurant owners that allow it - and if they don't do anything about it, I'll give them an appropriate review on TripAdvisor.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Rhaphanidosis » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Who actually knows if it`s illegal? My guess, nobody on here!
Rhaphanidosis

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby marcliff » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:06 pm

From Abaco Advisers#

New legislation in Spain
The new legislation was published in the Official State bulletin under a Consumer Defence Law. It includes a prohibition on e-cigarette smoking in Spain in:

* Health centres and schools

* In or near children’s play areas

* Public buildings such as council offices, libraries and community centres

* Public transport – including airlines

In other words, e-cigarettes are now banned in the majority of places that traditional cigarettes are banned
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Rhaphanidosis » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Thanks for that info marcliff, however I took the time to look at your source and if you continue with the info, as copied.

Health centres and schools
* In or near children’s play areas
* Public buildings such as council offices, libraries and community centres
* Public transport – including airlines
In other words, e-cigarettes are now banned in the majority of places that traditional cigarettes are banned except for privately owned bars and restaurants.

So private bars and restaurants it is up to the owners. FIO
Rhaphanidosis

Postby marcliff » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:22 pm

No idea what they mean by "private bars or restaurants" unless it is where the public is not allowed access but the law in Spain prohibits vaping wherever smoking is banned.
Royal Decree 579/2017 included e-cigarettes into the Tobacco Products Directive and simply states wherever smoking is banned.
marcliff

Postby Rhaphanidosis » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Well it was copied and pasted from your source, Abaco Advisers, illegal or not. Personally I don`t give a hoot, but this is how urban myths begin, and I`ll paste the last paragraph again.

In other words, e-cigarettes are now banned in the majority of places that traditional cigarettes are banned except for privately owned bars and restaurants.

Make of it what you will, but seems to me that with the owners permission it is legal/allowed.
Rhaphanidosis

Postby marcliff » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:00 pm

You are definitely misreading that. All bars and restaurants are privately owned, surely?
This refers to clubs with membership fees like those Cannabis clubs that were around, not a bar or restaurant that lets the public in.
However, look around and you'll see loads of sites showing vaping is now banned along with smoking in indoor and other places.
marcliff

Postby Carolg » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:37 pm

I personally don’t enjoy passive vaping as we know not whether it’s as harmful as tobacco as chemicals are still being used
Carolg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext