Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Vaping in bars

Vaping in bars

Postby Glassfull » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Am I alone, or does anyone else get irritated by bar owner’s that allow vaping inside their premises.

In Spain, it’s as illegal as smoking but, somehow, a blind eye is turned towards those that generate their sickly sweet fog. Are they afraid of losing trade?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Vaping in bars

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Didn't realise that it was illegal to vape, I don't like it either

Glassfull wrote:Am I alone, or does anyone else get irritated by bar owner’s that allow vaping inside their premises.

In Spain, it’s as illegal as smoking but, somehow, a blind eye is turned towards those that generate their sickly sweet fog. Are they afraid of losing trade?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:00 pm

Be thankful that you aren’t in Turkey! So many people use those large ,smoking pipes attached to a bottle. Should know what it is called but don’t. We were in Istanbul recently and did not enjoy this custom as my Husband has a weak chest and cannot breath easily when fumes or smoke are in the air and people were constantly ordering one and it was brought to them at their table beside us.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby cheflady » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:21 pm

It's called A Hookah!!
cheflady

Postby marcliff » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:37 pm

And not just in Turkey, they seem to be getting everywhere. The hotel we stayed at in Mexico had a "hubble - bubble" shop and they'd bring them out to your table. In Majorca there were several of them around.
Must admit, I've not seen any bars allowing vaping inside.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Vi Robertson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Totally agree, when I smoked I went outside also the Vaping smell is not very nice when eating. If it’s illegal go outside please.
Vi Robertson

Postby Rodt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm

I don't think it's illegal & most gapes don't smell, it's only a form of steam, better than the smell of smoke in my opinion :text-lol:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Glassfull » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Rodt wrote:I don't think it's illegal & most gapes don't smell, it's only a form of steam, better than the smell of smoke in my opinion :text-lol:

You may not have thought so but, now you know, it is illegal.

As someone else has commented, it’s not acceptable for someone to puff steam, sickly sweet or otherwise, into a room full of people especially, if they are eating.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Black » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 pm

I vape and I would not dream of doing so inside any premises, even my home. It's just common courtesy- like not using mobile phones in restaurants.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby AMK » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 am

Aerosolised aromatic spittle drifting into your beer and over your food ? No - unacceptable.

It’s not just “steam” once it’s been round your mouth and lungs, is it ?

Spain has adopted fairly strict legislation banning smoking in public places, which has since been extended to cover e-cigs. Vaping is therefore banned wherever smoking is also not allowed, which covers enclosed public spaces, as well as directly outside some public spaces such as hospitals.
AMK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Next