Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

How do we get our Post/letters etc?

How do we get our Post/letters etc?

Postby towerpower » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:25 am

Morning everyone,
As I am looking at properties, one think that I notice and never think about till later....
I never see letter boxes? How do you get mail?
Sorry if this has been covered previous...
Cheers again in advance..
towerpower

Which part of Spain are you from?: none

Re: Post

Postby PeteKnight » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:39 am

If it’s on an urbanisation then you’ll usually have a bank of lockable letter boxes, with one for each property.
Make sure that when you buy, you know where they are, which one I’s yours, and you get the key to your box.

Our letter boxes are near the rubbish bins and the entrance to the pool area (doesn’t sound very nice, but it’s actually a great setup). This means that it’s easy to check your mail while dropping-off your rubbish or when you’re going for a swim.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby mondo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 am

We have a box in Rojales Post Office, they charge us about 70 euros a for the privileged, but they are much safer and reliable.... at least to my mind ..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Jillandsteve » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:49 am

If you have a place not on an Urbanización then you’ll probably have a postbox as we do
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Black » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Jillandsteve wrote:If you have a place not on an Urbanización then you’ll probably have a postbox as we do

Same here, we have a mailbox in the wall. Perfectly normal outside of communities.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: How do we get our Post/letters etc?

Postby richardlionheart » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Although you have to understand about the relaxed Spanish postal service,.... some letters, usually offfcial ones turn up fast. Sometimes you go a week or two or three with no post at all, thats because they sometimes decide its not worth delivering one letter , so they wait till theres a handful, or so the rumour goes. Ive certainyl experinced this. Your post can turn up literally anytime from 8 in the morning to 9 at night. Parcel companies never deliver when the tracking information says they will, its usually next day or the day after. Its the way it works out here........
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby DaveLaMata » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:06 am

More than a rumour LOL -mine always arruives in bulk no matter when it was sent to me!
DaveLaMata

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Mata

Postby scotfree » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:19 pm

I am astounded at how poor the postal service is here.Probably if you have never lived anywhere else in Spain you would think it is normal,it is not.Had to cancel Bank details that had been sent out as they still have not arrived from January!I have my own postbox outside but it only gets filled with flyers.
scotfree

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad quesada

Postby mondo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Just ordered some books from Amazon on Thursday... we picked them up today at 10.20 am...we always have great service from the Post here..

Maybe if you use the Urbanization Buzons the post bikes don´t bother driving for a couple of miles for just a couple of letters... but if you have a Post Box at the Correos they deliver as soon as they arrive..

Maybe---
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby towerpower » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks for the information people..

Mondeo, you say you "picked books up" ?
Did you give a delivery addresse different from home address, or are parcels delivered else where?

"Post box at the Correos" sorry what's that?
towerpower

Which part of Spain are you from?: none

Next