Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

golf water fountain

golf water fountain

Postby Billyboy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:28 am

The Mr and Mrs Quesada fountain was working yesterday .
Billyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: golf water fountain

Postby Yan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:46 pm

If I get chance I’ll nip down and get a pic to post. Mind you the amount of rain we’ve had today, we all have fountains already lol.
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rodt » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Lovely to see it working again gives a totally different aspect when approaching the bars etc, many thanks to all involved. :D
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Richard.H » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:38 am

:text-goodpost: Great to news to hear the fountain is working again can’t wait to see in May.
Richard.H

Postby brandyboy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:19 pm

It´s nice to see the fountain working but it would also be nice to see the crap, lying by almost every bin on Quesada, cleared up. If it´s a matter of priorities, I know where mine would be.
brandyboy

Postby Jan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:14 pm

brandyboy wrote:It´s nice to see the fountain working but it would also be nice to see the crap, lying by almost every bin on Quesada, cleared up. If it´s a matter of priorities, I know where mine would be.

It would be nice if the lazy people who throw rubbish by the bins got the message that it is unacceptable!!!! It's not the councils fault.
There is a number to ring for people to get their rubbish collected and it is usually on the bins.

The number and further information is on this link

post137816.html?hilit=Rubbish%20phone%20number%20bins#p137816
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Richard.H » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:33 pm

:text-goodpost: Here here Jan.
Richard.H

Postby Rodt » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:59 pm

Brandy boy, the fountain has no connection whatsoever with the rubbish situation, Justo quesada was responsible for the water fountain, nothing to do with the council. So no issue with priorities.
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby iant » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:07 am

Rodt if that is true why was it constructed by Rojales employees and recently renovated by employees with a council van and equipment.. With regard to the bins , just stand at the fountain and look behind you. Every day the bins are overflowing from the sheer amount of rubbish each day from the bars / restaurants yet the council will not put another bin in.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby brandyboy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Jan wrote:
brandyboy wrote:It´s nice to see the fountain working but it would also be nice to see the crap, lying by almost every bin on Quesada, cleared up. If it´s a matter of priorities, I know where mine would be.

It would be nice if the lazy people who throw rubbish by the bins got the message that it is unacceptable!!!! It's not the councils fault.
There is a number to ring for people to get their rubbish collected and it is usually on the bins.

The number and further information is on this link

post137816.html?hilit=Rubbish%20phone%20number%20bins#p137816

Of course it isn´t the council´s fault. Of course it would be nice if lazy people used the tip but they do not. There is also a van going around Quesada offering to clear gardens, I am waiting to get a photo of the van as I have seen the owners dumping waste by the bins. The owners of the gardens they have cleared are most likely under the impression they will be taking the waste to the tip, they are not. The van has large lettering in English and German on the side. When I have the opportunity to get a pic, I will forward it to the council.
So what happens now? The rubbish by the bins attracts more rubbish, who will clear it?
Surely the council sets the by-laws in this regard, so while it is not their fault people dump rubbish, enforcing the law is their responsibility, the Policia Local have their part to play. A couple of big fines and the grapevine will have a big effect on the dumpers. Also we all need to be vigilant and take photos of vehicles you see dumping, together we can tidy up Quesada.
Thanks for the info re Council Collections, Jan. We have used the service many times with no problem.
One phone call, job done, what more can you ask?
brandyboy

Next