Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

What's the best way to remove grout of newly laid floor tile

Re: What's the best way to remove grout of newly laid floor

Postby Black » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Roach wrote:Hi do you know how much your supposed to dilute this agua fuerte by? Like 50% fuerte and 50% water etc?

I've generally used it full strength, but be careful with it. It won't hurt glazed tiles but it could dissolve the grout joints if it entered them. It also eats skin, so best to wear rubber gloves.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Roach » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Thanks everybody for your suggestions.

I can confirm that following the directions off the bottle (10 parts water for one part fuerte) for agua fuerte yielded no results, but after using it full strength, it worked!

I used a kitchen foam brillo pad thingy and the fuerte along with a lovely pair of pink marigolds lol. Job done.

If anyone else needs to give this a go, test it on a spare tile first and wear safety gear. As others have mentioned don't breathe the fumes either. Oh and don't get it near any metal surfaces as this will start to dissolve it. Even the knife used to cut the top off has been stained with even a tiny amount. Be careful. Good stuff but dodgy.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby scubydoo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi as roach says be very careful you can not buy this in the UK for good reason! It can be very dangerous unless you know what you are doing.

Hydrochloric acid

Symptoms as a result of intoxication can occur after exposure, so if
of doubt, direct exposure to the chemical or persistence of discomfort, request medical attention, showing the SDS of this
product
Remove contaminated clothing and shoes, rinse the skin or shower the affected person if appropriate with plenty of cold water and soap
neutral. In case of an important condition, see a doctor. If the product causes burns or frostbite, do not remove the
clothing because it could worsen the injury produced if it is attached to the skin. In the case of blisters
the skin, these should never burst as it would increase the risk of infection.
By contact with the skin:
Remove the affected person from the place of exposure, supply him with clean air and keep him at rest. In serious cases like stop
cardiorespiratory, artificial respiration techniques will be applied (mouth-to-mouth breathing, cardiac massage,
oxygen, etc.) requiring immediate medical assistance.
By inhalation:
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous