Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Registering as a resident.

Registering as a resident.

Postby Lisaellis13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:37 am

We are moving to Lo Crispin within the next month or so and my 9 year old son will be going to a Spanish school so need to get him registered for September. We are looking at Algorfa School and have the requirements that are needed to register but we have only just completed our house purchase and need to register on the Padron but at present there are no appointments, does anyone have any idea what we do in this instance? We are flying out Sunday to collect our keys and staying for the week to sort various bits but obviously need to get my son’s school sorted before mid May. thanks
Lisaellis13

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: Registering as a resident.

Postby Espanabums » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:45 am

I would have thought that you would not need an appointment to register on the padron, only wait in line. In Torrevieja you take a ticket with a number.
Marcliff, in an earlier thread, says that Lo Crispin comes under Algorfa, so I suggest that you enquire at the Ayuntamiento (town hall) in Algorfa.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Lisaellis13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:52 am

Thank you, I’ll email them to get some information., then visit next week.
Lisaellis13

Postby richardlionheart » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:57 pm

I was told, when we went for Padron in Torrevieja, in January, they only give out 50 tickets at a time......so you have to get there at the crack of dawn (eg 8:15 AM) t oget in the queue
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby Shiva » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:23 pm

To be honest, given the importance of your enquiry, you should be asking your solicitor, who would be in a position to help you. Asking this forum is fine generally but you will get all sorts of responses from people who may be talking about their area and not yours and really, talk to your solicitor...
Shiva

Postby marcliff » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:28 pm

richardlionheart wrote:I was told, when we went for Padron in Torrevieja, in January, they only give out 50 tickets at a time......so you have to get there at the crack of dawn (eg 8:15 AM) t oget in the queue

Rojales and Algorfa don't have the queuing system because they are much smaller places.
Every time I've been to Rojales (to buy something where the padron is not in date by 3 months or doing the 5 year update etc) it's simply been a walk in and I've never had anyone in front of me.
Usually takes no more than 5 minutes to get it all done and even the original request only took a short time.
When I lived under Orihuela Costa catchment area, though, it was take a ticket and waited a couple of hours and that was a long time ago.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Lisaellis13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 pm

I asked our solicitor but she wasn’t very helpful but considering we’ve paid for the services for a year I’ll be onto her. Off to the Town Hall on Monday so hopefully we’ll get ourselves sorted .....thank you so much .x
Lisaellis13

Postby Stephanie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 pm

We live n Lo Crispín. Go to the town hall and the man on reception will help you. He is very helpful.
Stephanie

Postby Precious » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:56 pm

The Spanish guy in Algorfa town hall speaks good English. His name is Jose and he is very helpful.
Precious

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Lisaellis13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:17 pm

Thank you all so much, off to see Jose on Monday x
Lisaellis13

Next