Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Carrefour Murcia

Re: Carrefour Murcia

Postby Mollywolly » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:29 am

Also Conforama, Zenia Boulevard. Excellent service.
Mollywolly

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:37 am

Welcome, this certainly is the life
Firstly, PLEASE DO NOT RUSH INTO BUYING EVERYTHING TODAY.
When we got our keys, I was like a child with a toy.
Loaded up trolleys in Carrefour with everything and you will be able to buy lots.
Stay calm. Are you the type that can live with backers/mugs that wouldn’t have been your first choice? If you are then fire ahead and get everything.

My advice...get what you need only.
Example...when buying a frying pan, buy a good one. I finally bought one locally which looks like it will be good for years, the Ikea on3 and others have long since been thrown out.
Ikea is good for lamps, furniture and the usual. Measure things and make sure they will fit. We bought a coffee table that my husband liked...huge and will be replaced soon.

Tv....stop now. Does your new home have an aerial that provides UK television? Please do not end up bringing an enormous tv into your place only to find that it is far too big for the room.
Better if you buy some DIY items eg drill, screwdrivers, hammer, steel nails etc., spend this weekend enjoying the sun, putting up a few shelves and anything else that needs doing. If it is a new house, you will probably need everything for your bathrooms...toilet roll holder, towel rails etc.,
You May wish to put the TV onto a wall....we bought our SMART tv locally and they came out and fitted it and connected the WiFi to it.
It is a mine field.
Buy light bulbs, extension lead, music, kettle, UK size toaster ( spanish are too small for our bread) and some wine and beers. Ikea have good value glasses...only buy a few...wait until you see the type you really like...no mad rush.
Chinese shops everywhere sell all the extras ...pot scrubs, cloths.
Buy a few good bath sheets....be extravagant and buy them in Zara Home ..30% sale on now. Pillows here too. Also, bed linen etc., all other household items are stunning and worth considering if you are house proud. This shop is in Habaneras upstairs.
Deck chairs.....stay calm and don’t rush. Do you have a solarium? You will need a couple of good quality loungers...these can be purchased at Carrefour...cushions at the market.
Outdoor furniture.....La Siesta group...enormous selection, great service and everything you could ever dream of. Shops in Quesada, Los Montesinos etc., loungers too....
Please listen to me...
Don’t waste money buying impulsively. Be particular and you will be happy or thrilled with your choice of everything in your dream home in the sun.
Good hunting.

Remember to buy a Smart TV or you won’t be able to watch a Netflix
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Jan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 am

:text-goodpost:
Good advice!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Gandy1976 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:17 am

Great post thanks alot ... ill try and calm my missus down today haha
Gandy1976

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby earlybay » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:25 am

For tv, check if fibre optic internet is available in your street - works great with a smart tv.
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Glassfull » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:43 am

Be aware that some banks limit the amount you can spend on a debit card. When we arrived, Feb. 16, Sabadell Imposed a €2000 limit per month. We did manage to get this extended to €3K but you’d be surprised how quick it mounts up.

However, that €3000 per monthlimit didn’t apply to cash withdrawals. They just imposed a cash limit of €600 per day!
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Janjan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Don't buy light coloured towels as the brown dust tends to stain them. I gave mine to my sister in law when she came to stay. Spanish Towels are excellent quality and last for ever. Even the ones from the Markets.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Lolly18 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi and Welcome

I don’t wish to put a downer on your new purchase but please please please be security conscious when your in and out of your building. Lock grills and doors, send any charity person away however much they tell you your neighbours, John, Fred and Jean have made a contribution and don’t let me in or show what you have when you answer the door.

Don’t leave your flashy new TV box on show outside or anything in the boot of your car and go in the house. It will probably attract the wrong crowd and your TV box will be advertising your up for being burgled. It’s not to scare you or your wife but the area has some unsavoury characters and unfortunately, it’s everywhere and we can only take care of our belongings but if your chosen it’s not a nice feeling and a horrible thing to come back too.

I hope you all the best in your new life in the sun. Just be security conscious and have fun.
Lolly18

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:59 pm

:text-goodpost:
Don't forget to change your locks too and add extras if need be.
We didn't go out together until our locks were changed. We did them on the first day - The local Ferriteria will have new locks and barrels.

The thieves are always on the look out for newbies as they know moving in is an exciting time for anyone and it's easy to let your guard down.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 pm

I use a white bath sheet and my husband has navy blue. I have lots of white towels which are still white.
It may seem ridiculous but buy different colours for each bedroom. Keep your beach towels colour coded too.
It works brilliantly when you have a crowd staying.
A tip.
At the Sunday market in the Lemon grove, there is a stall at the far entrance in between all of the coffee bars and the main market....you will be able to buy mattress covers for your beds at the lowest possible prices.They regularly sell white towels and bedding. Look for the waterproof protectors or if you prefer,they also sell towelling ones. Super quality but please check your bed sizes
In Spain, you can buy a single bed which is 6’6” long...in the U.K., both single and double are 6’3” only...no choice. King size are 6’6”.... know your metric sizes...buy a tape measure and carry it with you.

N.B. Lemon tree market is on the road between Guardamar and La Mata to your right. If coming from Quesada, you will see the road on your left with lots of cars turning in...just follow them,a couple of miles down the road.
PLEASE watch your personal possessions.
Never carry more than one credit card with you, never have your wallet or IPhone in your back pocket. Tell your wife to hold tightly onto her bag. Have a purse with small change in it...not all of your money. Anyone can be robbed, no matter how careful you are. You must never let your guard down as someone could be watching and ready to steal if your guard is down.
Do you have sliding patio doors? If so, go to your local feraterria and buy 2 heavy bolt screws and drill into the top and bottom of the doors...always screw these in tightly...nobody will get in but if you don’t, it is the simplest thing to stand outside and using your two Hands, push the glass doors upwards, you will hear a flick and know that your doors are now open. Thieves did this in my house and using a long pronged stick, put it into the room through the security gate and stole my daughter’s handbag.
If you start out being vigilant, all will be well. Take heed.

If I can help in any way, all you have to do is ask.
Good luck.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

PreviousNext