Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Carrefour Murcia

Re: Carrefour Murcia

Postby mark&denise » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:14 am

Gandy1976 wrote:Thanks Pete , it was just because we was going to ikea in Murcia today .... 2 birds with one stone so to speak .
Is rhe one you say bigger / better ???

Welcome to the area
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby mark&denise » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 am

Mac3blade wrote:Welcome, this certainly is the life
Firstly, PLEASE DO NOT RUSH INTO BUYING EVERYTHING TODAY.
When we got our keys, I was like a child with a toy.
Loaded up trolleys in Carrefour with everything and you will be able to buy lots.
Stay calm. Are you the type that can live with backers/mugs that wouldn’t have been your first choice? If you are then fire ahead and get everything.

My advice...get what you need only.
Example...when buying a frying pan, buy a good one. I finally bought one locally which looks like it will be good for years, the Ikea on3 and others have long since been thrown out.
Ikea is good for lamps, furniture and the usual. Measure things and make sure they will fit. We bought a coffee table that my husband liked...huge and will be replaced soon.

Tv....stop now. Does your new home have an aerial that provides UK television? Please do not end up bringing an enormous tv into your place only to find that it is far too big for the room.
Better if you buy some DIY items eg drill, screwdrivers, hammer, steel nails etc., spend this weekend enjoying the sun, putting up a few shelves and anything else that needs doing. If it is a new house, you will probably need everything for your bathrooms...toilet roll holder, towel rails etc.,
You May wish to put the TV onto a wall....we bought our SMART tv locally and they came out and fitted it and connected the WiFi to it.
It is a mine field.
Buy light bulbs, extension lead, music, kettle, UK size toaster ( spanish are too small for our bread) and some wine and beers. Ikea have good value glasses...only buy a few...wait until you see the type you really like...no mad rush.
Chinese shops everywhere sell all the extras ...pot scrubs, cloths.
Buy a few good bath sheets....be extravagant and buy them in Zara Home ..30% sale on now. Pillows here too. Also, bed linen etc., all other household items are stunning and worth considering if you are house proud. This shop is in Habaneras upstairs.
Deck chairs.....stay calm and don’t rush. Do you have a solarium? You will need a couple of good quality loungers...these can be purchased at Carrefour...cushions at the market.
Outdoor furniture.....La Siesta group...enormous selection, great service and everything you could ever dream of. Shops in Quesada, Los Montesinos etc., loungers too....
Please listen to me...
Don’t waste money buying impulsively. Be particular and you will be happy or thrilled with your choice of everything in your dream home in the sun.
Good hunting.

Remember to buy a Smart TV or you won’t be able to watch a Netflix

Excellent advise
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:39 am

good advice,
just one point ,
Spanish toasters, to small for "our bread", whats our bread?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:42 am

OUR BREAD.

The bread you buy in Aldi / Lidl or Iceland. Not fussy on the spanish Bimbo...a little too sweet for my liking but it obviously suits others but too small in size. I live a slice of buttered toast straight from the toaster..yum
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Previous