Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

BANKITER BANK

BANKITER BANK

Postby Paul sharp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Ive got to go to the bank tomorrow, changing account from non resident to resident.They say that I’ve got to change all my direct debits, they will not do it for me .
Is this right , it’s a lot of hassle .
Paul sharp

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: BANKITER BANK

Postby Ronnie112 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 pm

Yes we had the same problem with them we had to change them ourselves very unhelpful ,we are in the process now of changing our bank or new bank has sorted all our DD for us.
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Janjan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:04 pm

We had to have a new account when we became Resident. Our Personal Banker knew we had become Resident so the Authorities must have informed them.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Jillandsteve » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:17 pm

We did the same at Bankinter and they changed all our direct debits, no problem at all
This was Bankinter next to Edina’s on the lemon tree road
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul sharp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 pm

That’s the one next to Edina’s , she said that we will have to ring all our utilities up and the suma and change them ourselves.
Paul sharp

Postby Ireneinveraray » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:01 am

Same here. We were told they used to change over the direct debits to your new account but now the law doesn’t allow them to. We went to Iberdrola office in guademar, hydraqua office in rojales, emailed the administrators of the community charge etc.
Ireneinveraray

Postby The Rower » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 am

I swoppped over my account from sabadell to Bankinter using their Los Dolces branch. The advisor couldn’t have been more helpful, ringing both Iberola and the water company to change over the bank. She was very patient getting hold of the relevant bank representative in Head Office to set up our on line banking, and then showing me how to activate it.
The Rower

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Paulr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:45 pm

They're having you on. There are EU regulations that require banks to transfer the direct debits for you (scroll down to "Switching Bank Accounts"):

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/c ... dex_en.htm

If they still refuse to do this on your behalf, tell them you'll switch to a new account at a different bank, so they'll still be responsible for transferring your direct debits, but they'll lose your business in the process!

In fact, if they tell you again that "now the law doesn't allow them to", ask them to show you a copy of this new law, along with the corresponding instruction to the bank staff. I swear some of these bank staff make it up as they go along......!

Good luck!
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Paul sharp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Been today , I asked again and she said she wasn’t allowed, if she was she wouldn’t have enough hours in the day to carry everybody’s needs .
Paul sharp

Postby Jillandsteve » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:14 pm

As our account was already paying direct debits it was not a problem for Bankinter to change them to the new account when it was changed from non resident to resident
This was, as I said, Bankinter next to Edina’s
Wasn’t a problem at all
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Next