Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Uber [ employment]

Uber [ employment]

Postby Nikon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:26 pm

This subject may well be in the wrong part of the forum.

My question is on Uber the taxi service. So anyone can sign up to them in the Uk and yes there is requirement but how would this stand in Spain I expect there would be issue or would there be just a question. Which probably will cause a small debate.
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Uber [ employment]

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm

I think Uber still operates in Madrid (at the moment), but the Spanish taxi drivers have managed to get them kicked out of Barcelona.
Given the strength of the Spanish Taxi union and the Spanish laws about hailing to pick-up times, I doubt that they will be operating in Spain for much longer.
The only hope is an EU ruling making Uber type services legal across Europe, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby elchedave » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Nikon,
I admire you for your obvious interest in any employment regarding taxi, limo etc, it is clear this is the field you would love to work in. Unfortunately, anything in this line of work is restriced, & very difficult & expensive to obtain licenses for, unless you are a Spanish national . Yes, there may be a large number of "expats" of all nationalities doing a similar job but they are all acting outside of Spanish law & risk very heavy fines, vehicles impounded & at worst, imprisonment.
The days of "my mate, neighbour, friend " etc doing "favours" are long over.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Nikon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Yes your quite correct my friend I was only looking into the possibility of this and as you quite rightly say it’s a lost cause and not happening. So it’s back to Spanish school and start the process of leaning the language but I think there is more chances of wining the lottery lol. Or maybe I set up a car cleaning valet buisness as I am actually very good at this but it’s bloody hard work in the hot summers but who knows as for running a bar done that and was in the real ale good beer guide for several years have served a great pint of Boddingtons beer and a successful one at
That but I see what happens. Has they say always keep looking and who knows and finally I still have a class 1 truck license and a very good cv in training who knows. Keep smiling
Nikon

Postby richardlionheart » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 am

Ive always thought there must be mileage (pardon the pun) in buying left hand drive cars in Uk and bringing them over here, putting spanish plates on them and selling them, bearing in mund the massive differential in price. Similarly, there must be scope for buying UK right hand drive cars that have been here almost 6 months and taking them back.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby Nikon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:53 pm

richardlionheart wrote:Ive always thought there must be mileage (pardon the pun) in buying left hand drive cars in Uk and bringing them over here, putting spanish plates on them and selling them, bearing in mund the massive differential in price. Similarly, there must be scope for buying UK right hand drive cars that have been here almost 6 months and taking them back.

And why not indeed there is a German website that sell Mercedes cheap but I guess they will charge import tax. ?
Nikon