Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK home insurance

UK home insurance

Postby Azur » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:59 am

If you own a home in the UK and spend more than 60 days at a time in Quesada, which UK insurance company to do you use?

I have been checking through the 'small print' of most UK based companies, including Saga and it appears that you cannot really leave your UK home for more than 60 consecutive days? This also applies even if someone regularly checks on it for you?

Any recommendations please would be great.
Thanks
Azur

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: UK home insurance

Postby Babu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:06 pm

We use LV and although theirs states 60 days, if you ring them they will cover you for up to 6 Months if you comply with a few requests regarding water supply, heating during winter etc. for no extra charge . . .although they wont cover jewellery etc. over the 60 days, reasonable really . . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Re: UK home insurance

Postby PeteKnight » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Directline have some ‘exclusions’ after 60 days, but you’re still covered for most things:
https://www.directline.com/home-cover/g ... y-security

We were with Axa previously and they don’t cover you for more than 28 days under any circumstances. Swapped to Directline and save 60% on our premium and as we aren’t normally away for more than 60 days then it’s not an issue for us.
Give them a call and ask for a quote and discuss the exclusions.

https://www.directline.com/home-cover/g ... y-security

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin