Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Rain rain go away

Re: Rain rain go away

Postby jpeg » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Dinkelharper wrote:Maybe not in the correct area but a friend asked me if I knew how the rain has impacted Dolores/Catral area. I have no clue and can’t get hold of my friend there. Does anyone in here know?

Dolores and Catral badly affected I have a lake for a garden about 5 inches deep
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby elchedave » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Jan wrote:
richardlionheart wrote:Getting fed up with this now, cold ,grey,. miserable and bouts of wet and windy for three days now, excatly the sort of weather we fled england because of, 64 years of being cold grey and wet 8 months of the year , and having to pay through the nose to dtay dry and warm. I can us getting on a plane and heading further south if this goes on much longer, and the furniture may follow us if we like it there.

Had our holiday home almost 15 years and this is the first time it's been this bad. Gota Fria's usually only last one or two days and some years we don't even get one.It's a fair price to pay for almost year round sunshine!

This was NOT a Gota Fria, it was just a couple of days of heavy rain/wind. You will know when/if you experience a Gota Fria!!!!
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Jillandsteve » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 pm

I used to think we were the only ones living in a leaky house, now I find it’s the norm rather than an exception
We had a leak from our solarium that blew out a light in our bathroom below, which blew the power out too, plus, the drain in our enclosed courtyard couldn’t cope with the rate of rainfall so the water went under the fairly recently installed French windows and into the house so spent hours mopping and trying to stop it going too far
Came here to escape the rain, lol !!
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:27 pm

elchedave wrote:
Jan wrote:
richardlionheart wrote:Getting fed up with this now, cold ,grey,. miserable and bouts of wet and windy for three days now, excatly the sort of weather we fled england because of, 64 years of being cold grey and wet 8 months of the year , and having to pay through the nose to dtay dry and warm. I can us getting on a plane and heading further south if this goes on much longer, and the furniture may follow us if we like it there.

Had our holiday home almost 15 years and this is the first time it's been this bad. Gota Fria's usually only last one or two days and some years we don't even get one.It's a fair price to pay for almost year round sunshine!

This was NOT a Gota Fria, it was just a couple of days of heavy rain/wind. You will know when/if you experience a Gota Fria!!!!

I know a Gota Fria as have experience of them. Im not in Spain at moment but the Spanish news was describing it as a Gota Fria due to the cold air hitting warm air. I even experienced one when flying Alicante to UK ...now that's one not to be forgotten!!

"Just a couple of days of heavy rain/wind" does not get called a 'National disaster'!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Big Wheeler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:09 pm

I'm sitting in my back garden in Wakefield listening to Planet Rock.Blue skies and 26C.Just washed the car and trimmed the front lawn.Same due tomorrow but thunderstorms due on Wednesday by which time I will be with your good selves grumbling about the weather.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby George-g » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:11 pm

EBC0D87D-0BB8-44F8-AD39-D364A4304764.jpeg
Double rainbow from the other day
George-g

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby PGA » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Big Wheeler wrote:I'm sitting in my back garden in Wakefield listening to Planet Rock.Blue skies and 26C.Just washed the car and trimmed the front lawn.Same due tomorrow but thunderstorms due on Wednesday by which time I will be with your good selves grumbling about the weather.

Usually I’m more worried my place in Leeds will have suffered rain damage but in honesty I’m glad I’m here in CQ to keep a check on what the roof/electrics/garage is doing. At least I know the U.K. pad is not suffering leaks ha ha.
PGA

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:36 pm

My mum said today it reminded her of when we went hop picking, moping up the leaks and damp washing on the clothes horse, at least we haven't got to sleep on a straw bed tonight!
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby richardlionheart » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:19 pm

elchedave wrote:
Jan wrote:

This was caused by a loop of the Polar Jet Front breaking away and hurtling over the top of us like a wheel coming off a car on the motorway at 70 mph.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Previous