Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Smart TV

Smart TV

Postby Butch » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi

We bought a Smart TV over a year ago now and when we come over and connect to Meganet are able to view Netflix, Sports, Documentry etc. We cannot get any other English channels i.e. ITV, BBC. We were thinking of buying an Amazon Fire Stick to bring over then downloading an app that blocks the VPN so we should be able to view the extra channels we want. Has anyone done this and is it a simple task. Or does any one have any other suggestions? TIA
Butch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Smart TV

Postby earlybay » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:25 am

Amazon firestick works fine in Spain. You will need an Amazon Prime UK account. Smart TV’s usually have Amazon app installed so no need for a fire-stick. Just enter your UK password. You can also register for Amazon Prime Spain for about 39 euros a year. This will give a cheaper choice of English/Spanish films/series etc, although the UK Prime (£79 a year) offers more choice.
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby camionpilot » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:30 am

With meganet you should have access to all the major networks , unless you did not ask for the free box for tv with your package ..?
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Butch » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:42 am

Hi
No we didn't get the free box with the TV package. I have looked on Meganet site and will go and see them when we come over. Thank you both your your help.
Butch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:27 am

We always bring out Skyplus box with us which allows us to view all of the channels we subscribe to plus the usual terrestrial ones. With the very heavy rain, we lost BBC, BBC3,ITV, CHANNEL 4 but many others came in perfectly. Our greatest salvation was watching OUTLANDER on Netflix. Brilliant.
Bad weather causes pixelation or no signal at all. It is the one time that you need some entertainment as you can’t get out and suddenly, no telly...

Thank the good Lord above that everything seems to be back to normal again.

When we bought our new smart tv earlier this year in order to get Netflix, we had our original tv installed in our bedroom. Lots of people refuse to watch tv in bed but I love it. It’s on now! Life is wonderful!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca