Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

SEUR (DPD) Parcel Collection Location?

SEUR (DPD) Parcel Collection Location?

Postby whysub » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:49 pm

SEUR have "tried" to deliver a parcel to me, but cannot as the driver cannot get through our locked gate, or so tracking my parcel number shows.

Despite sending at least 20 "Provide Solution" responses they ask for in both English and in Spanish) I have had not a single response from them.

Their nearest collection depot appears to be a tiny shop in Guardamar. The phone number is the same for every depot I can find, and is just an automated message in Spanish that is NOT interactive. The message plays for a couple of minutes then clicks off.

Can anyone point me in the direction of their biggest depot in the area (I can't find one), so I can go in in person to to see if someone can tell me where my parcel is for me to collect?

I think that explains everything. Thank you.
whysub

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa Quesada

Re: SEUR (DPD) Parcel Collection Location?

Postby TonTri » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:06 pm

whysub wrote:SEUR have "tried" to deliver a parcel to me, but cannot as the driver cannot get through our locked gate, or so tracking my parcel number shows.

Despite sending at least 20 "Provide Solution" responses they ask for in both English and in Spanish) I have had not a single response from them.

Their nearest collection depot appears to be a tiny shop in Guardamar. The phone number is the same for every depot I can find, and is just an automated message in Spanish that is NOT interactive. The message plays for a couple of minutes then clicks off.

Can anyone point me in the direction of their biggest depot in the area (I can't find one), so I can go in in person to to see if someone can tell me where my parcel is for me to collect?

I think that explains everything. Thank you.

SEUR are an absolute nightmare, it took me 4 weeks to get a parcel that was on a 72-hour delivery!! They kept posting "address does not exist" on the tracking. In the end I had it delivered to the print shop in Guardamar. It's actually a very convenient collection point even if it is small. I just put their address into Google maps and it got me there easily. I would suggest doing that. No point trying to contact SEUR direct, I managed to find a phone number on an old thread but that didn't do any good, just go through their online tracking system.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby richardlionheart » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Theres a Store Locator here

https://www.seur.com/busqueda-tiendas.d ... 1618614337

but i concur. SUER are without doubt one of the most useless customer unfreindly companies ever to pretend to be a delivery company. Took me more than a week to get a ladder from then whgich I paid for 72 hour delivery. This is why you never buy anything online from Leroy Merlin, they use SUER to 'deliver' it.
Last edited by richardlionheart on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby marcliff » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Yes, the parcel collection office is in Guardamar and you can collect from there.

But:
1. Did you provide them with a contact phone number as you have a locked gate which they can't get in? We always get an email telling us the day it will be arriving and then they phone my mobile either just before they arrive or when they have arrived.

2. Have you been to the office in Guardamar? I only had to go once and the parcel was there and the chap in the office spoke English. That office is the collection point for this area just as Orihuela is the collection point for Orihuela Costa or Alicante for ,,.........well, you get the idea.

3. Can you imagine a Spaniard in UK who can't speak English trying to get through on the automatic phone? Or trying to get something sorted out in Spanish if waiting for a parcel in somewhere like Bogdon in the Marsh?

I have had loads of stuff delivered by SEUR and they have always turned up on time and phone me. Only once it failed and that was because my phone failed and they couldn't get through. It's why I always give my mobile now for collections.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby whysub » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks all for your responses-I'll go to Guardama on Monday. It just looked too small on Google Maps compared to the DPD depots I am used to collecting from in the UK.

On the order my phone number was on there. I have also sent it to SEUR on 20 occassions saying to call me when the driver is here for me to open the gate. No responses, as i have said.

The phone message in Spanish is what I expected but thought by pressing 9 or 0 I would get to talk to someone in my basic Spanish (I'm still learning), but it is not that sort of line-it is just a 2 minute recording, and very few word could be picked out thst i am familiar with.

Thanks again for all your comments-at least I know what to expect if I have to have parcels sent here. I suppose it's no worse than Hermes in the UK.
whysub

Postby camionpilot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:08 pm

They also have an office in Almoradi . The nearest hub is on an ind est outside Alicante , I,ll look it up Sunday .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby youbedizzy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:01 am

i live in the same street as the seur office in almoradi, 200 yards away. thet couldnt deliver my parcel because they did not know where i lived. maybe it was it was 25kg and i live on the top floor. total waste of space
youbedizzy

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi

Postby Trevor52 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Like Marcliff, I have had many items delivered by Seur and never had a problem.
I do know the difficulties in finding addresses here in Spain when going to measure up for Toldos awnings and your sat nav says the address doesn't exist, it can be so annoying. Also having worked in transport, I know the drivers are under a lot of stress to deliver their cargo and also to collect new cargo in the same day.
Trevor52

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby grichn » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:05 am

Seur not only can´t find me, or follow simple directions in Spanish, they also ¨lose¨ parcels which are never recovered. I wouldn´t trust the drivers to find their way home...
Richard
grichn

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Postby whysub » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Went to the office in Guardamar, and the shop worker/owner sorted it for me, getting the parcel redirected to his shop.

And thanks to you all, I now have an idea what to do in the future
whysub

Next