Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

What business/ service is missing in the area

Re: What business/ service is missing in the area

Postby PGA » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:03 am

Jesst wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:Why don't you have the best of both Worlds? Buy a holiday home. Keep what you have and still keep that dream going?

I think we are going to look into that next. I suppose that way we can come over every school holiday.

Sounds a far better plan and also allows you to possibly assess what skills/business you might be able to bring to the area, spending some time on the ground so to speak.

If its just your husband working, then perhaps you could spend extended periods of time in the holiday home with the kids during holidays and your husband fly in and out? And further down the line, if the business is doing as well as you say, then perhaps he can employ someone to take on more of the day to day work whilst he oversees the administration and remains the face of the business, both of which can largely be done remotely via Spain..the wonders of modern technology should not be underestimated as I could never have worked the way I do now.
PGA

Postby polop » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:40 am

Half-full wrote:What have you worked at in the UK? Tell us what you are experienced in and we might be able to guide you as to whether there is a need for it here or not.
Your question sounds a bit vague. If a lot of members recommend the same thing, you might think great, that's what we will go for and not have any experience at it.
We have seen people set up a business here which they thought would work but they didn't have the expertise to make a decent go of it. Sadly it closed down relatively early on and cost them a right few bob.

Do you speak spanish, it could be a vital requirement for a lot of businesses to succeed?

I don't want to sound negative but behind the dream and sunshine, realistically you need to know what you are doing - especially with two very young children.

Best advice :text-goodpost:
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Glassfull » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:18 am

Or, expand your UK Business to the extent that you require more staff and a management structure that slowly reduces your input and allows you to monitor the company from Spain coupled with periodic visits
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby richardlionheart » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:36 am

My son lives on the south west corner of the M25, and works near City Airport in London. Theres a chap he works with lives in Barcelon and commutes - seriously! Its cheaper and quicker in the morning to drive to Barcelona airtport, get on a plane, get off at City airport, taxi to the office, than it is live in UK and commute from there.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby PGA » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 am

richardlionheart wrote:My son lives on the south west corner of the M25, and works near City Airport in London. Theres a chap he works with lives in Barcelon and commutes - seriously! Its cheaper and quicker in the morning to drive to Barcelona airtport, get on a plane, get off at City airport, taxi to the office, than it is live in UK and commute from there.

Not this chap by any chance?

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/aug/11/commuting-from-barcelona-a-london-worker-who-makes-it-pay

He became quite well-known due to his commute.
PGA

Postby Dave c » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:24 am

I find that hard to believe Richard, I'd like to see the maths and how it is done.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Lesley43 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:58 pm

Agree Train or more buses
Dot wrote:Train ...great idea!
Lesley43

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby cheflady » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:16 pm

I agree buy a small bolt hole over here and indeed have best of both worlds, I personally wouldn't want to risk everything especially with two young children involved. When I joined the forum Jan gave me advice about leaving an extremely well paid job as a Head Chef to a pittance what they pay over here. Good luck
cheflady

Postby Jesst » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:52 pm

Good advice. Thanks everyone. You've REALLY helped.
Last edited by Jesst on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesst

Which part of Spain are you from?: Nowhere yet!

Postby Half-full » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:53 pm

polop wrote:Best advice :text-goodpost:

Thank you polop
Half-full

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext