Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Water leak

Water leak

Postby Sandrala » Wed May 01, 2019 9:56 am

hi need some advice
We have discovered a leak underneath the bath don’t really know who to contact ,hoping someone can give us some help and point us in the right direction thanks
Sandrala

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Re: Water leak

Postby Chrisdee » Wed May 01, 2019 9:59 am

Maybe call your insurance or if your desperate call a plumber
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby richardlionheart » Wed May 01, 2019 10:29 am

Seems the way the insurance companies work here is they send an assessor, which takes months, then you fix it and they refund the cost.

So id get the ball rolling with the insurance first, ask them if they are going t opay for it, then take photos of the damage. They also seem to quibble about the difference beteen 'insured damage' and 'lack of maintenance'. Im starting to suspect they dont pay out as readily as they do in UK. Im currently being ignored by Liberty Seguros, i want €200 out of them for the storm fetching my satellite aerial down, its liek wading thru treacle.

Might pay to talk to the insurance brokers first. They might have a preset game plan for dealing with the insurance company.

Plenty og threads on here about plumbers and handymen, you might need a quote for the work.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby jpeg » Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 am

Try Dave Farr Very good
650 56 32 39
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby A.N.Other » Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 am

The OP says nothing about any damage so if it's just a small leak then it's nothing to do with insurance just a plumber.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Janjan » Wed May 01, 2019 11:38 am

We had a leak under the bath. Rang the Insurance Company and they sent a Plumber. My husband was putting up a shelf And drilled a hole right in the middle of a plastic pipe in the wall. Again a Plumber was sent and they laughed their heads off when they saw it. Spanish Plumbers. Must depend on the Insurance Company.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby richardlionheart » Wed May 01, 2019 11:53 am

Janjan wrote:We had a leak under the bath. Rang the Insurance Company and they sent a Plumber. My husband was putting up a shelf And drilled a hole right in the middle of a plastic pipe in the wall. Again a Plumber was sent and they laughed their heads off when they saw it. Spanish Plumbers. Must depend on the Insurance Company.

Yes, i find this habit of putting pipes buried in walls and floors very disturbing,. its a practrice abandoned in the UK 50 years ago, because it has some blinbding ly obvious deficiencies.

Copper pipe buried in concrete is corroded at high speed by the alkaline lime in the concrete. Many houses in the 60's were built with central heating pipes buried in the concrete floor, and they all had to be dug up withing ten years because of pipe corrosion causing huge leaks. Similarly, a plastic pipe buried in a wall is pretty much undetectable.

You need all pipes accessible and able to be inspected, its common sense. In a couple of years i shall set about this house, making sure there are no buried pipes.
richardlionheart

Postby jpeg » Wed May 01, 2019 12:00 pm

Most of the water pipes in recent spanish houses are plastic
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby richardlionheart » Wed May 01, 2019 12:14 pm

jpeg wrote:Most of the water pipes in recent spanish houses are plastic

Yes, possibly. It shifts the problem from 'corrosion' to 'undetectable' though :( . And mending a pipe buried in a wall has no minimal mess solution.
richardlionheart

Postby Sandrala » Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Sandrala

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa