Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Gluten free

Re: Gluten free

Postby dewicymro » Mon May 06, 2019 7:53 am

Also, there's a really good gluten-free bakery called Dulces Sueños in Dolores - a town about 20 minutes' drive away from Quesada. They have all kinds of breads, cakes and savories, all gluten and lactose free.
dewicymro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gaynord » Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 am

dewicymro wrote:Also, there's a really good gluten-free bakery called Dulces Sueños in Dolores - a town about 20 minutes' drive away from Quesada. They have all kinds of breads, cakes and savories, all gluten and lactose free.

Oh wow that sounds amazing! He was diagnosed at 7 so can remember the normal cakes etc. So hat would be lovely for him thank you
Gaynord

Postby Gaynord » Mon May 06, 2019 9:06 am

Madcatwoman wrote:Try La Brisa at the top end of the main street in Quesada. Most of their menu is gluten free but if you pop in a day or two beforehand and speak to them about any special diet they will accomodate you gladly. Lisa and Brian are excellent hosts who give that personal touch.

Thank you very much that sounds brilliant x
Gaynord

Postby Gaynord » Mon May 06, 2019 9:08 am

Sasta wrote:I went to the Olive Tree and they were really clued up on their menu and adapted the recipe of the item I wanted to exclude the Gluten.... that's how fresh it is in there. they wouldn't let me have the meringue as it had flour but assured me that they will be making their own without it in future.

Thank you very much x
Gaynord

Postby Babu » Mon May 06, 2019 9:30 am

I have been amazed at how many products in Spain are gluten free (sin gluten) . . . it seems like every other item in say, Lidl, has got the sin gluten sign on it . . .I've never noticed it when shopping in the UK version . . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Previous