Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Linea Directa An experience

Linea Directa An experience

Postby Andyh » Sun May 05, 2019 8:39 am

Some years ago I transferred my car insurance to Linea Directa as they were cheaper than my insurer of that time. Each year since then my premium has risen for no apparent reason. Last year although this annoyed me I was too busy to do anything about it but I made a note to deal with it this year. I told them about 6 weeks before renewal I would not continue to insure my car with them. This led to lots of emails and phone calls offering a reduced premium to renew. I turned down the offers. The premiums had in the past been taken, with my agreement from a credit card. This card had expired a fact that Linea Directa also informed me of during the saga. I also insured my home contents with Linea Directa and this policy was paid via a debit on my Spanish Bank account.I insured my car with another company.This week about 2 weeks after the expiry of the Linea Directa motor insurance they have taken the motor insurance renewal from my Spanish bank. I am in discussion with my bank about recovery of this money. Luckily the account had sufficient funds to cope with this payment or I expect I would be looking at bank charges.
Andyh

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Re: Linea Directa An experience

Postby Lisaofspurs » Sun May 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Lines Directs did exactly the same to us, they said we should have rung and asked for a cancellation form, even though I had rung them informing them we were not renewing with them and our card had expired and wasn’t any need to give them the new card details as I wasn’t renewing, never once did they mention the cancellation form. Never got my money back. And never going back to them.
Lisaofspurs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Linea Directa An experience

Postby mark&denise » Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm

You have to cancel in writing 1 month before the policy is due
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa