Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bank problem..

Bank problem..

Postby Noel on Keys » Thu May 09, 2019 6:19 pm

I am having a nightmare with Sabadell Bank, perhaps someone can offer a solution as I’m at my wits end with them !

Basically I’ve been transferring my small pension from Lloyd’s bank Uk each month through Transferwise or Currencyfair to my Sabadell account every month for a few years now..just recently, everytime I move funds over, Sabadell now want me to jump through hoops suppling uk bank documents and contract paperwork to them I every time money comes through to my account !!
They hold the money until I supply the information...however I have now waited ove a month after supplying all the information and they still have not put the money in my account...grrrr

I’ve sent countless emails with no reply and been into the bank where they are unconcerned and offish...it’s a crazy situation that I can’t get access to my own money !!

What do I do next ?
Noel on Keys

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: Bank problem..

Postby cheflady » Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi don't mean to be flippant bit I would think about changing banks!!
cheflady

Postby Southpaw » Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 pm

I arrange for my pension to be transferred directly by UK Pension Dept to my bank in Spain. There are no charges, excellent exchange rate (commercial rates), and no delay with my bank, which is La Caixa. If interested, go to UK Gov website to arrange it. Hope this helps.
Southpaw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby 2Sheds » Thu May 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Noel on Keys wrote:I am having a nightmare with Sabadell Bank, perhaps someone can offer a solution as I’m at my wits end with them !

Basically I’ve been transferring my small pension from Lloyd’s bank Uk each month through Transferwise or Currencyfair to my Sabadell account every month for a few years now..just recently, everytime I move funds over, Sabadell now want me to jump through hoops suppling uk bank documents and contract paperwork to them I every time money comes through to my account !!
They hold the money until I supply the information...however I have now waited ove a month after supplying all the information and they still have not put the money in my account...grrrr

I’ve sent countless emails with no reply and been into the bank where they are unconcerned and offish...it’s a crazy situation that I can’t get access to my own money !!

What do I do next ?

Sorry to hear about your problem. I use Currencyfair fairly regularly to transfer money into my Sabadell account. In fact I did it again this week with no problem. BTW mine is a non resident account.

Something has flagged up on your account which you need to get to the bottom of. Suggest you try to get an appointment with someone further up the chain with Sabadell. I would do that before changing banks at this stage.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby daz » Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 pm

There seems from time to time many sabadell posts all to do with negative service. So Is it really worth the battle? Just switch banks, many other banks out there offer fee free banking with a few simple criteria met, I’m non res, with Santander zero account, the zero says it all, no fees. I won’t ramble on, go see them or any other bank and find out what they have.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Ronnie112 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Change your bank problem sorted.
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Jan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Sabadell posts are certainly not "all" negative ...in fact they have a number of good reports on this forum.

Why is it when a member asks for advice on a bank problem that most of the answers are "recommending" another bank or transfer company, even though they are not asking for other bank recommendations, they are asking for advice?

Also when there's a problem people say ' switch banks', if everyone did that when they had a problem with their bank then they would be forever switching!

The post from 2sheds is helpful " Something has flagged up on your account which you need to get to the bottom of. Suggest you try to get an appointment with someone further up the chain with Sabadell. I would do that before changing banks at this stage."
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Niktam » Thu May 09, 2019 9:29 pm

I use Transferwise on an adhoc basis to my Sabadell account many times -no issues at all!
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby El Stevo » Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Make an appointment with an English speaking advisor at the branch where your account is held. Persist with your problem until they come up with a solution.
Whilst you’re there review the type of account you have with them.
We saved on costs by doing this. (Something good from a bad situation).
El Stevo

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso, Quesada

Postby andywyatt » Fri May 10, 2019 5:12 am

My Pension is also transfered over using Transferwise and is usually into my Sabadell account within seconds,always found the Bank helpful.
andywyatt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next