Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

General

Re: General

Postby Paul Stotesbury » Fri May 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Ooh err missus!!!!
Dont know what you mean!!!
Paul Stotesbury

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Hope Mrs Stotesbury don't come on and moan about silly banter between from members
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby scotfree » Fri May 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Now here is another daft question. I want to recover a small debt of under 2000euros. I own a company but ,Do I need a court order to perhaps embargo that debtors bank account for the amount owed? That way would not be worth it.
scotfree

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad quesada

Postby Paul Stotesbury » Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Mrs,Stotesbury just rolls her eyes heaven wards!!
In answer to Scotfree, I wonder if you denounce this person, and once denounced pursue the debt through his bank account.
There will be bigger brains out there than mine who should be able to give you much sounder advice.
Good luck!!
Paul Stotesbury

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Fri May 10, 2019 4:55 pm

If you have a legit company do you not have a lawyer/solictor or whatever they are called here who could give you free advice?

scotfree wrote:Now here is another daft question. I want to recover a small debt of under 2000euros. I own a company but ,Do I need a court order to perhaps embargo that debtors bank account for the amount owed? That way would not be worth it.
Chrisdee

Postby scotfree » Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm

FREE advice? He would want to follow this up via his own company business! For a small amount it just isn't worth it,have had to use Abogados previously,they can spin it out for months.
scotfree

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad quesada

Postby Terry the gardener » Fri May 10, 2019 5:38 pm

I think the best question i got asked while working in a garden center in england was a phone call from a lady asking me 'When will the last leaves fall off her tree' as she wanted to book her gardener to sweep them up .... i was tempted to say the 23rd October at 3.27pm. ...lol
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 pm

My friends husband was a bus driver and he used to be asked "How long's the next bus to ???" he'd reply with "The same length as this one"
Chrisdee

Postby marcliff » Fri May 10, 2019 7:21 pm

I can well understand the asking of questions. Coming to a foreign country, not speaking the language and, especially, not being brought up in the ways of the local bureaucracy etc can be quite daunting. Even not knowing what the town hall does, what the local bricolage (and some even spell it bricolaje) supplies or doesn't supply can be a minefield to newbies.

When I first came here some 18 years ago, I had no idea what an NIE was (nor did you need one) what the padron was, where to get pork pies and so on. It takes some time to learn and find these things out. We didn't have excellent forums like this one to ask questions which does make it simpler and more easy. I did have the advantage of speaking Spanish so I had a bit of a head start.

Scotfree won't know about the small claims which, under 2000 euro, simply need a "verbal hearing" (juicio verbal) and can be sorted out with a court with no fees or even legal representation (this amount may have risen over the years). Of course, the Spanish are brought up with things like this and understand them perfectly well, just like the procedures for getting a driving licence which are totally new and different procedures to what we are brought up with.

(scotfree, you can do this yourself with no solicitor under the "proceso monitorio" which deals with such matters within 21 days. Of course, not being fluent in Spanish you may need the advice of a solicitor and associated costs plus finding out if the person who owes the money has it in the first place).

I therefore think forums like this are invaluable at the moment. What I do get (well, not annoyed but slightly peeved) are the questions being asked which have been asked just a few days before. Someone says "I need a widget to carry out some work" and will get a dozen or so fairly helpful replies and off the poster goes to procure a few widgets.

Lo and behold, a few days (or some weeks) later someone pops up and says "I need a widget, where do I go?" when a simple entering of widget in the ever so helpful search box would have saved those same dozen coming back up and saying the same things. Hence my often posted "previous topic" link.

However, I have met a few people from this site and it's been great to strike up new friendships simply by being able to answer a question they may have asked.

Long may it continue. (There's no such thing as a stupid question but there are loads of stupid answers).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby william » Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 pm

I don"t think there is a stupid question, if you think it is a stupid question just ignore it, if people have a question no matter how stupid it may seem go ahead and ask someone will know the answer
william

PreviousNext