Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

No hot water supply from gas boiler

If you have had good service and would like to recommend a reputable Company or a Tradesman or woman, please do so here.

Re: No hot water supply from gas boiler

Postby Algorfawoman » Sun May 12, 2019 10:00 am

For "probably" the best plumber in the world give Dave Hudson of AQUAQUEST on 634286590. Very prompt, clean and fair
Algorfawoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Maxiep » Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 am

Thank you will contact him.
Maxiep

Postby PeteKnight » Sun May 12, 2019 10:26 am

Maxiep wrote:Thank you Pete. That is exactly the problem and we have been to a Ferratia and got spare parts and will have a go at it ourselves. We have spent all weekend looking for a plumber willing to work on a gas boiler but no luck. Can’t believe there is no one out there in the Quesada area. Meanwhile more cold showers!

A couple of bits of advice...
When you’re unscrewing/screwing-in the middle part of the the stopcock, try to hold the part screwed to the wall with another spanner or grips if you can get access to it (not always possible).

Put PTFE tape on the replacement part, but don’t get ant inside the mechanism.

The old knob, and the screw that holds it in place, may be a different size to the one needed for the spindle of the new stopcock. Don’t damage the new one by forcing the old screw in, or snap the old screw off in the spindle.

Good luck!

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby oldman59 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Maxiep wrote:Could do with some advice please and recommendations for a plumber in Quesada area. Just arrived at our holiday home and discovered a problem we have never had before in over 20 years. Water supply is on and plenty of water coming from the cold tap but nothing coming out of the hot taps. They are mixer taps. Gas bottle is turned on but nothing happening when we turn on the hot tap connected to the boiler. Looks like cold showers in the morning! Any advice would be welcome and anybody know a good plumber who will come out on a Saturday?
Thank you.
oldman59

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby cheflady » Sun May 12, 2019 4:18 pm

hi I think you will find that a lot of plumbers aren't qualified to touch gas appliances I know my hubby had to study a gas engineers course before he could touch, service anything to do with gas
cheflady

Postby daz » Mon May 13, 2019 10:20 pm

You talk about needing a plumber to work on a gas appliance, yet you appear to have narrowed it down to a water stop cock, so what does that have to do with gas work? No longer a gas issue, so just need a regular handyman now?
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Maxiep » Mon May 13, 2019 10:53 pm

As it was the hot water feed from the gas boiler I needed a plumber qualified to work with gas appliances which I found and the problem has been sorted now with a new part fitted. Thank you for all the advice given.
Maxiep

Postby scubydoo » Tue May 14, 2019 7:05 am

Maxiep wrote:As it was the hot water feed from the gas boiler I needed a plumber qualified to work with gas appliances which I found and the problem has been sorted now with a new part fitted. Thank you for all the advice given.

If you were pleased with the price and the job please name the person used to help others on the forum.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Babsie » Mon May 27, 2019 9:15 am

please does anyone know phone number or email og Peter Wooley of Wooley Spanners he is a boilerman I got from Talk Quesada but no phone number on his bill. Thank you
Babsie

Previous