Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car Hire

Car Hire

Postby Barnie » Sun May 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Looking to book a car from the airport next week so looking for recommendations
Barnie

Re: Car Hire

Postby Janjan » Sun May 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Coys of Torrevieja are very reliable and recommended.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Lisaofspurs » Sun May 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Magnum cars very reasonable and reliable. Can book on there website
Lisaofspurs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Shelles » Mon May 13, 2019 8:05 am

We use the Ryanair.com website and then go to the car hire section. They are by far the cheapest out of season. Good luck. By the way, you don’t have to fly with Ryan Air to use their car hire site.
Shelles

Postby TonTri » Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 am

We always use doyouspain.com and book with Firefly or Centauro as they are the only reliable car hire firms we've found. Not tried the Wifi car hire firm on there though but they have good reviews. Use whichever comes up cheapest for you.
TonTri

Postby Mac3blade » Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 am

Doyouspain.com are a car hire brokerage firm.
1. The smallest cars are the cheapest.
2. Try to select a company based in the terminal building.
3. Do nit consider Dickmanns....they remove your deposit from your credit card which incurs a hefty charge and they are based over a mile from the arrivals hall.
4. Do NOT purchase insurance from doyouspain.com. Hire car companies are only interested is selling their own insurance.
5.If you can afford to pay for their fully inclusive insurance, do so. Saves time and worry.
6. If you DO NOT PAY for extra insurance, take pics. of the Car before leaving and again,when returning the vehicle. When returning for your flight, allow plenty of time for returning the car as you MUST get it checked before handing the keys back ....otherwise, you will more than like be accused of damage to their vehicle and money will be taken from your credit car. NO CHANCE of getting it back.
7. Be aware that car hire off season is cheap, be aware that most of the companies are sharks and ready to fleece you if they can.
8. In the car hire hall at arrivals, go as quickly as you can to the car hire company you have booked with. If you must collect luggage, ask another member of the family to do this while you queue up for your car. There is usually a ticket system in place, remember to take one immediately.
9. Do not return your car with sand andfilth inside it, you will be chargedfor special cleaning....photograph the interior when returning too.
10. Okay, if you follow all of my advice, you should be fine.
Enjoy your holiday and drive carefully.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby MALTHOM » Mon May 13, 2019 9:11 am

Hi, I am sure you will get lots of advice from others regarding a company to use. The only advice I would give is make sure you have your 'eyes wide open' when you book a car, and understand about fuel policy, insurance covers and levels of payments on cards. Also, always photograph the car inside and out before you drive away from the airport, and then when you return it. Good luck.
MALTHOM

Which part of Spain are you from?: Monteazul

Postby Barnie » Mon May 13, 2019 9:13 am

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like a minefield :D
Barnie

Postby Mac3blade » Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 am

Hi Bernie,
Just remember to refuel before heading back...I have posted information about the only filling station being knocked down. Vital that you refuel before exiting for the airport.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Barnie » Mon May 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Gave myself a headache reading all the bad reviews and finally ended up booking Wiber through Ryanair, hopefully everything will turn out well. Will report back on my return.
Barnie

Next