Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iberdrola

Iberdrola

Postby PGA » Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm

I appreciate its very individual insofar as everyone's property will be different, but can anyone give me an idea of what electricity use/charge they incur when their property is left empty?

My potencia is set at 5.75KW supply which is probably about right and so I have that as the fixed element. I am consuming about 1.8K/W a day when not at the property and this seems to be meaning a monthly cost of about €45 PCM. I wondered if that was others experience when not at the property?
PGA

Re: Iberdrola

Postby marcliff » Mon May 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Your charge is for the power supply which will be the same if you don't use any electricity at all.
Look at your bill and you will see the cost per day per Kw contracted for.
Approx 14 cents a day per Kw so .14 x 5.75 = about 80 cents per day. x 30 for a month (and a month can be anything from 28 to 37 days) about 24 euro a month.
Add IVA at 21%, rental of electric meter at around 2 cents a day, special electric tax etc and you should be getting a bill of around 25 to 28 euro a month.
Yours seems a bit excessive at 45 euro a month if you aren't using any electric. Why would you use 1.8Kw per day if you aren't there? Do you have lots of security lighting, a pool pump, a fridge/freezer etc?
The pool pump would consume the most.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby PGA » Mon May 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Yes, you are correct regarding the power supply and the bill breakdown.

The usage is the part that I am a little surprised about. No pool pump so really only just a router, some CCTV and a fridge/freezer. A look online suggests that even with the combination of those white goods it shouldn't be using 1.85 KW per day. That said, its negligible in the overall scheme of things.
PGA

Postby richardlionheart » Mon May 13, 2019 7:15 pm

ours is about €50 a month.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby KarenCouzens » Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 am

Make sure they haven't added different insurances on the bill for white goods etc.
KarenCouzens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Alicante

Postby Gasplumbman » Tue May 14, 2019 12:12 pm

As K.C says insurance which is about 6.50 € a month,sure you've not got a light on somewhere on timer etc
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa