Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Telfy Fibre

Telfy Fibre

Postby Andrew Hardy » Thu May 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Anyone had a Telfy Fibre installation and how do the engineers get it into the property and what sort of job do they make of it. Just thinking of upgrading. Thanks in anticipation.
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: Telfy Fibre

Postby mondo » Thu May 16, 2019 1:08 pm

They came to us a couple of weeks after asking them... they were very good and cleaned up afterwards.. We arranged to be in so there were no problems,,,

We got the 100 Mg download deal but they told us that it would be limited to about 50 if I used wifi. I could get 100 if I used a wire to connect with.

I just tested it with wifi..with Ookla right now and got 88.71 download, 39 upload with ping of 4... so no complaints from me...

and no problems in three years..

-- :D
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Andrew Hardy » Thu May 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks, similarly we've had no problem with them for the past 3 yrs I just wondered how they accessed the property. Do they bring a cable in and is it via ducting etc?
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby mondo » Thu May 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Andrew Hardy wrote:Thanks, similarly we've had no problem with them for the past 3 yrs I just wondered how they accessed the property. Do they bring a cable in and is it via ducting etc?

I suppose every design of house is different... with us, we had a box on the wall outside for the TV etc... they ran a fibre cable from that through the telephone ducting and where it came out in the living room they put the router..

.. took about 15 minutes..
mondo

Postby iant » Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 pm

We have Telfy fibre and they just strung a cable from the telephone pole. We get about 40 - 50 using wifi
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby DuFay » Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 am

hI WEVE BEEN WITH tELFY FOR A FEW YEARS NOW IN 2 DIFFERENT PROPERTIES very efficient cable followes the ducts & weve have Fibre Optic & now Wimax as no fibre in our area but its all very good & service is 10/10.
DuFay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Steveevans » Fri May 17, 2019 12:00 pm

I had them fit fibre and they accessed it from a box on the outside wall , running it it through existing ducting straight under the flooring in to the lounge where we had the router fixed, very efficient and clean job .
Steveevans

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Graham Stovold » Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Great service from Telfy, any issues quickly get sorted.

Thoroughly recommended from me
Graham Stovold

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios

Postby Shiva » Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Apologies in advance for most likely not using the correct terminology. But when they set us up, there was a box on the street they worked from and everything into the house appeared to be done through the telephone cable ducts. I think. I don't know quite what they did ( I did say I wasn't big technically...)but there was ZERO disruption and it was really quick....
Shiva

Postby 2Sheds » Sat May 18, 2019 8:55 am

I wonder if anyone has experienced this 'problem'.

This week we had to turn our power off because of electrical work. Prior to this I was getting Telfy download speeds of at least 50Mbs (which is what I'm contracted to).

Since turning the router back on I get between 30 and 40 Mbs.

I've heard of similar issues in the UK, where the ISPs say a router takes a period of time to 'negotiate' a speed.

Just wondering how long I should wait. Thanks for any info.
2Sheds

Next