Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

A few nights in Madrid

A few nights in Madrid

Postby Elpando » Mon May 20, 2019 10:06 pm

We were thinking of a short stay in Madrid in September for a birthday get-away but unsure of the best travel option. Either flights from Alicante, where we can leave our car, or drive over and park hopefully at a hotel or close to one etc. Anyone visited Madrid by road before that can either recommend it or say "Don't do it". Having the car would give us more flexibility but would a flight / taxi / train transfers be better in the long run? Thanks in advance.
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: A few nights in Madrid

Postby marcliff » Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 pm

It takes about 4 to 5 hours to drive to the centre of Madrid from here. By the time you drive to the airport, book in to get through security, flight time and waiting at the other for bags etc then I doubt you'd do it quicker.

Dave's coach trips do a city break for Sep 17 to 19 at 149 euro for 3 days in a 3* hotel B&B. Rosa tours do the same trip but not in September.
Maybe something worth looking at.

After taking a wrong turn and going through the centre of Madrid once I wouldn't really recommend it plus they have odd days of car restrictions as well.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Elpando » Mon May 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Thanks Marcliff. That was an option we hadn't considered TBH and maybe the way to do it. Those particular September dates aren't good for us but we can search for alternative ones now.
Elpando

Postby Beesknees » Mon May 20, 2019 11:48 pm

Elplando the Lo Crispin Associationhas a 3 night trip to Madrid on the 10th Sept details can be found if you visit www.locrispin-dca.eu this is the website the association has which details all up and coming events just click on the link for the Madrid trip
Beesknees

Postby Shiva » Tue May 21, 2019 5:49 am

The train to Madrid from Alicante is quick, only around 2 hours 10 mins. Though you have to get to Alicante first of course. Have been thinking of taking the train for a weekend there. Good to learn of other options like the coach tours.
Shiva

Postby Martin the artist » Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 am

When we visited Madrid, we went by train.
Local (cercania) from San Isidro to Madrid & then AVE high speed to Madrid in around 2 hours!
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Martin the artist » Tue May 21, 2019 8:34 am

For anyone that likes André Rieu, he & his orchestra are touring this year visiting Madrid in November & there is a coach trip organised with 4* hotel overnight accom too.
I'd be interested, but at 219€ each - includes 99€ concert admission - I think will give it a miss!
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Brightonsuperwomn » Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am

We go regularly to Madrid and always take the train from Alicante to Atocha. It’s expensive though (around 100€) and occasionally coming back we’ve been caught out with a long wait for connecting trains home from Alicante, so always check that. For us, the train is comfortable, convenient, quick and less stress, plus you don’t have the baggage restrictions of aircrafts.
Brightonsuperwomn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Starman » Tue May 21, 2019 8:53 am

Hi Martin,
Could you clarify your post?
You say take the local train from San Isidro to Madrid the the high speed to Madrid.
Too many Madrid?
Starman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada golf

Postby marcliff » Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 am

Martin the artist wrote:For anyone that likes André Rieu, he & his orchestra are touring this year visiting Madrid in November & there is a coach trip organised with 4* hotel overnight accom too.
I'd be interested, but at 219€ each - includes 99€ concert admission - I think will give it a miss!

Considering the amount of players and dancers that Reus has in his concerts, that would probably work out at a fee of 10 cents per performer.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion