Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Freesat EPG

Re: Freesat EPG

Postby 2Sheds » Wed May 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Seems like you have a good set up.

I'll give the TV sat connection a try when I go back to the UK.

Interested in your take on my HDMI issue. Basically if I select either of HDMI inputs on the Tosh TV (hdmi1 is sat box, hdmi2 is dvd player) there is often no sound but perfect picture. If I simply repeat the process and select again, all is ok.
So not a major problem, just annoying. Just got a feeling it's a s/w bug. Although I've got the TV set for auto updates, there aren't any. Which is why I think it's a discounted product that's not supported any more.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby A.N.Other » Thu May 23, 2019 2:30 am

Just a point, fully Freesat compliant devices will generally be graced with the official Freesat logo, if not there then all manner of quirks and oddities are possible including non reception of the full bouquet of Freesat channels.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Sat May 25, 2019 8:52 am

Does sound like a software bug - can you not google the model number of the TV? or perhaps send a support request to Toshiba about this, as sounds certainly like the TV is the cause.

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby 2Sheds » Sat May 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks. I'll have another try on the web. When I tried before there seemed very little official support on some Toshiba TV's.
Their support lifespan seems quite short.
Apart from the HDMI bug there is also an issue with remote/handset interference - the TV is a bit susceptible to being affected by another remote. As I say, nothing serious, just annoying!
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous