Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Alicante Airport

Alicante Airport

Postby Babsie » Wed May 22, 2019 5:08 pm

I have just returned from a trip to Holland to see my family. When we got off the ;plane we all followed each other as one does. However, we found ourselves in the departure part where the restaurants and shop are, and no directions to get to baggage or exit or customs!!! It was very
strange and there was nobody to guide us, we were walking around bewildered. Eventually I asked someone who worked there, and she said go to Subway - the sandwich place - and turn left. There was an escalator going down and that led to the baggage and exit!! There were no signs anywhere up to that point, so this is just a warning and information to anyone who is travelling whilst renovations are taking place at the airport. Look for Subway and the down escalator....
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Alicante Airport

Postby Shiva » Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Babsie wrote:I have just returned from a trip to Holland to see my family. When we got off the ;plane we all followed each other as one does. However, we found ourselves in the departure part where the restaurants and shop are, and no directions to get to baggage or exit or customs!!! It was very
strange and there was nobody to guide us, we were walking around bewildered. Eventually I asked someone who worked there, and she said go to Subway - the sandwich place - and turn left. There was an escalator going down and that led to the baggage and exit!! There were no signs anywhere up to that point, so this is just a warning and information to anyone who is travelling whilst renovations are taking place at the airport. Look for Subway and the down escalator....

Useful tip for anyone flying in from a Schengen zone country... ( obviously won't apply to people coming from UK or Ireland who have to go through passport control...)
Shiva

Postby Stephen47 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am

If you came in around midnight or after, thats fairly normal. I agree it is confusing. There are also stairs down to arrival in the centre of the concourse which lead the the normal arrivals area, but as you say sign posted.
Stephen47

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Dinkelharper » Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 am

Last time I arrived after midnight (about 4 months ago) same thing but there were signs. Ok, it’s only a small square with picture of luggage and arrow on a larger sign but there were several of them.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby Mac3blade » Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 am

If you are travelling from the UK or Ireland, you must go through passport control. I presume ,as you were travelling within the EU ( no Schengen) you were able to use a quicker way through. I am going to Alicante on Tuesday so will be interested to see if the same happens to us. Thanks for telling us.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Shiva » Thu May 23, 2019 9:38 am

Mac3blade wrote:If you are travelling from the UK or Ireland, you must go through passport control. I presume ,as you were travelling within the EU ( no Schengen) you were able to use a quicker way through. I am going to Alicante on Tuesday so will be interested to see if the same happens to us. Thanks for telling us.
As you say, it depends where you are flying from. If you are flying from UK or Ireland, you'll go through passport control as always. If flying from a Schengen zone country, no passport control and getting offloaded into the departures area would not be unusual. Still a good tip from the OP about how to get out into baggage claim and the exit from there!
Shiva

Postby Babsie » Thu May 23, 2019 10:50 am

Whats OP mean?
Babsie

Postby Littlechris » Thu May 23, 2019 11:12 am

Probably Other Poster.
Littlechris

Postby millie13216 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:19 am

D
Babsie wrote:Whats OP mean?

ORIGINAL POST
millie13216

Postby Shiva » Thu May 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Littlechris wrote:Probably Other Poster.
Sorry, I used as shorthand for "Original Poster" .
Shiva

Next