Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Anyone use a video doorbell?

Anyone use a video doorbell?

Postby maria elena » Sun May 26, 2019 3:08 pm

We have a high wall surrounding our house and a high gate. Trouble is, if someone rings our bell, we can’t see who’s there without opening the gate. If hubby is not at home it makes me feel vulnerable. I was thinking of buying one of those video doorbells but hubby is sceptical! Anyone use one and if so, what do you think of them?
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Anyone use a video doorbell?

Postby Chrisdee » Sun May 26, 2019 3:33 pm

We have one, and find them very handy for seeing who is there.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby maria elena » Sun May 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Chrisdee wrote:We have one, and find them very handy for seeing who is there.

Can you tell me what make it is and where you bought it please? Do you need an electrician to install it?
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Babu » Sun May 26, 2019 3:48 pm

We have an audio gate bell. it stopped working during a storm 18 months or so ago. We were looking to replace with a video bell and then thought who is it that rings our bell . . . cold callers, kids messing about . . . no one we wanted to know about . . . if its someone we knew was coming they message us when there, so we have left it not working - bliss!
Turning it off may work for you too?
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby philcrieff » Sun May 26, 2019 4:10 pm

We had one fitted a few weeks ago, and worth having.
It helps if you already have wiring from a previous non video intercom to inside your house, some wiring and transformer already therefore being in place.
We use Barcelo for majority of our house mods etc. The electrician they use is Santiago on 607 768 807. Very reliable, has previously installed for us garden lights with timer, pool lights timer, and various new electrical sockets etc.
philcrieff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby nannyabroad » Sun May 26, 2019 6:20 pm

Got ours from Lee Roy Merlin would not be without it. Easy to install and perfect 4 years on.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Chrisdee » Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Don't recall the name/make but it came from Leroy Merlin, we just got an electrician to fit it who we know. Our son has the 'Ring' doorbell in the UK where you get an alert to your phone and you can talk to them, I do like those but it's a lot of money if the local kids decide to knock if off the wall or something. Plus the fact if I'm 1000's of miles away I don't want to know thank you very much. The video/intercoms in my mind at better for here.

maria elena wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:We have one, and find them very handy for seeing who is there.

Can you tell me what make it is and where you bought it please? Do you need an electrician to install it?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Shiva » Sun May 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Babu wrote:We have an audio gate bell. it stopped working during a storm 18 months or so ago. We were looking to replace with a video bell and then thought who is it that rings our bell . . . cold callers, kids messing about . . . no one we wanted to know about . . . if its someone we knew was coming they message us when there, so we have left it not working - bliss!
Turning it off may work for you too?
Innovative solution :text-lol: but not sure that's going to work for everyone...
Shiva

Postby Shiva » Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Don't recall the name/make but it came from Leroy Merlin, we just got an electrician to fit it who we know. Our son has the 'Ring' doorbell in the UK where you get an alert to your phone and you can talk to them, I do like those but it's a lot of money if the local kids decide to knock if off the wall or something. Plus the fact if I'm 1000's of miles away I don't want to know thank you very much. The video/intercoms in my mind at better for here.

I have a 'RING' doorbell installed in our house in Scotland, not for paying any attention when anyone rings it ( tbh the wireless connection there is not strong enough for real time interaction anyway - something you need to bear in mind re these things) but I do like it having a record of anyone coming to the door or just motion outside the door. I can also get it to show me a camera shot of the front path any time - I find it reassuring that I can see what's happening. HOWEVER, there's a long path from the gate to the door so it only captures just outside the door, on our property, and therefore has no big privacy issues for third parties. Getting one here it would have to be on the front gate and then it could capture motion of innocent passersby etc, not just people coming to our gate and think there would be a privacy issue of infringinging other people's privacy ( actually and probably legally.)
Hence am also interested, like Maria Elena, in a video intercom system for our front gate, preferably wired and not wireless... So any more recommendations here welcome....
Shiva

Postby AMK » Mon May 27, 2019 7:58 am

I swapped an audio only system (using the existing bell-wire connection), for this Fermax product. Very easy to do.
You see Fermax on lots of doors and blocks of flats in Spain - they are a very popular Spanish firm.
It’s great to see who is at the door area, before either unlocking, or ignoring. Works well at night too.
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B015G2 ... 75NNU78T7Y
AMK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Next