Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dog pet insurance

Dog pet insurance

Postby Sugary » Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi, looking for pet insurance for my older Labrador. We travel between here and the UK. Has anyone any experience in this? Anyone dealt with a company called Euinsurance please? I need to renew in next 2 weeks. Thanks
Sugary

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Re: Dog pet insurance

Postby cerveza » Tue May 28, 2019 6:23 am

Hello, I can not help you but can I ask what this covers and how much it cost on a year base please?
Regards
cerveza

Postby Murt » Tue May 28, 2019 7:23 am

I'm here for 2 months from Ireland where I have dog insurance (Aviva or Alliance).

Anyway, before I came over I rang the insurance company to see if the dog was covered me in Spain or not. I think the premium is about E24per month.

Anyway, they said that the dog wasn't covered while abroad. In case he picked up something here, I decided not to cancel or defer the insurance and hopefully he'll be covered when we get home, if he picks something up here.

Anyway, so far so good. No illnesses or injuries to report.
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby SteveBl » Tue May 28, 2019 11:44 am

Hi regarding Euinsurance I believe they use Liberty Insurance (Liberty Seguras in Spain) which I already looked at and disregarded as didn’t cover dog illness. I tried the Euinsurance web form but it kept saying my email was incorrect and it wasn’t - there was also one field on the form that was unreadable so didn’t know what they wanted me to enter. I emailed them for t&cs today as their website claims look too good to be true and don’t correspond with Liberty dog insurance. Haven’t heard back from them as yet. Will let you know if I do get a response.
SteveBl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby GA Insurances » Tue May 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello, Liberty offers pet insurance for liability and vet expenses due to accidents or illnesses within Spain, although the latter for dogs up to 7 years of age only. The annual premium goes from € 75 (liability & vet fees accidents) or € 240 including vet fees illness. Liability cover is up to €200.000 and vet fees up to €1.000 and can optionally be increased.

Pre-existing conditions on the other side are not to be taken over as a standard.

Regards,
Alfonso
Gran Alacant Insurances
Tel. (0034) 966 390 830 - Mobile (0034) 637 307 930
Email: [email protected]
GA Insurances

Which part of Spain are you from?: Santa Pola

Postby Sugary » Tue May 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Thank you all for your advice. Given his age I am sticking with my UK insurance alone and hope it’s not needed here.
Sugary

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada