Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

La tayo restaurant

Re: La tayo restaurant

Postby greenwood » Fri May 31, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi , went last week and to be honest wasn't that impressed, the place as a good atmosphere and is well fitted out with rustic touches but the food was average and not very hot when delivered to the table, I will give it another go later to see if it as improved but for now the Mexican in torry gets my vote.
greenwood

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby frenchie » Fri May 31, 2019 6:53 pm

It is on the roundabout as you drive from rojales towards la marina
frenchie

Which part of Spain are you from?: san fulgencio

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 am

benijofarmike wrote:Its actually called Cantina El Tayo

Its on a roundabout, the building has been various restaurants over the years

Barrio Palacios 28
03179 Formentera Del Segura

Mike
CURIOUS this is the address,as previously posted
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby shirlie anne » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:41 am

Hi went the other nite.. expensive to say the least!!.. especially the drinks... not huge portions either, not a massive choice on the menu.. ok would i rush back?? No
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Paulr » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:57 am

El Tayo's is a partnership between La Vuelta and Plaza Differente, so it's Dutch. As with La Vuelta, the drinks are expensive.

It's on the roundabout in Los Palacios (where you turn to go down to "Disco Alley"). The place is nicely done out, but you can get more authentic Mexican food at a TGI Fridays! No steaks, just burgers. Four of us went: we had a mixed starter between us, then two of us had Tacos and the other two had Fajitas. Worked out around Eu 25 per head (which included two small bottles of water, one large beer and one non-alcoholic beer).

The place already seems to have a loyal Dutch following and I hope they make a success of it, but we won't be rushing back. (We remember when it was the Royal Thai Garden, which was fabulous and were so disappointed they moved on.)
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:36 am

shirlie anne wrote:Hi went the other nite.. expensive to say the least!!.. especially the drinks... not huge portions either, not a massive choice on the menu.. ok would i rush back?? No
Huge portions not always a good thing, I,d sooner have a decent size good quality food portion at a reasonable price, and not get stung twice on the food and on the drinks ,now that make you feel like a rip off.I ,ve looked at the menu and the price of drinks and would,nt go as there are as equal places around a lot cheaper, to name one DIEGOS down Las Herraddes,authentic Columbian food and chefs ,e.g a good half rack of ribs chips n salad,€8.00 a small beer €1.40.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby garysl » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:59 am

We went here last night. I'd read what people had said on here, but thought I'd give it a go and see what I thought myself. I'm quite happy to pay a bit more if the food's good. As it is, I agree with what everyone has said. Overpriced and average. Well presented food that was pretty to look at but not all that good to eat. I don't think we'll be going back and time soon.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous