Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sunday lunch

Re: Sunday lunch

Postby Algorfawoman » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Rebate is not what it was and now costs are up quality is down. We stopped going
Algorfawoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby daz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:42 pm

wow, some strange answers that don't even relate to the original question asked by the original post, so I think why do you bother, but whatever.

like I said, I hadn't been before, it was 'something like' banjo players, and now ive been, yes along with other instruments, a band of 4 walking around singing and playing instruments. I think its a great place to visit for an afternoon, with a few friends. it has great ambience, a hint of Spanish culture, in a picturesque setting. yes it is a little pricy, but there are tapas options, we chose several and spent 54eu total today for two, including a drink each, we like food, and we were completely stuffed. so make of that what you will. anything that offers something a bit different usually is a bit dearer. all I can say, from my experience, its worth a visit.

the restaurant is at Casas Rebate, search on your map for it.
from torrevieja, make your way to san Miguel, look on your phone map, to direct you to the cv941. travel to the other side of san Miguel, turn right onto the cv952. follow this windy road all the way until you meet the T junction of cv925. the restaurant is on the right hand side. enjoy.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby TerryG » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 pm

With all due respect many of us know exactly where Restaurante Rebate is and like myself have been many times ... and equally many of us like to enjoy a meal chatting to friends without an artiste trying to earn a living in the background.

Entertainers or artistes should be sat and listened to ... and deserve your full attention.

And by the very nature of forums such a this, all comments relate to the original question asked by the original post ... however obliquely....
Last edited by TerryG on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerryG

Postby Rosslev21 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:51 am

If you dont like music while you are eating lunch then dont eat in any of the restaurants on the front at Guardamar. during the summer months you are inundated with clarinet players and an accordion player, the music is typical touristy and bad! the funny thing is the old accordion player who comes around for money while you are eating then walks around the corner and gets into a nearly new S Class Mercedes !!!! You just have to love the gullibility of the tourists.
Rosslev21

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa Quesada

Postby Half-full » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:55 pm

We have never eaten at Rebate but our daughter and her husband are considering the little church there for our grandchild's christening. Has anyone ever been at a christening there (or wedding)?

There is information on their website but I would appreciate a comment from anyone who has experience of being at an event as above good or bad.

TerryG wrote:Banjo players.... er ..no thanks ....
What is wrong with this instrument if played well. I think these would grab attention https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8rUZfQJjPY
Half-full

Postby djw » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:42 pm

We attended a wedding there and it was lovely. Food was exceptional and the vicar they used was English.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby 2Sheds » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:36 pm

Have been a bit disappointed with Sunday lunch at a certain american restaurant recently. On our last two visits they've had 'chef issues' with the owner supposedly having to 'stand in'. The resulting service has been pretty mediocre. So we're looking for a reasonable alternative in Benimar. Any tips?
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Dave c » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:07 pm

What restourant
Dave c

Previous