Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving to Ikea

Re: Driving to Ikea

Postby ozzysteeve » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 am

PGA wrote:
Paul58 wrote:
garysl wrote:When you get there, you have to turn left at a massive roundabout with about 8 exits. I drove round it twice before I could get across to the lane where I could exit. :D

That's one scary roundabout, an excellent spot for a nervous breakdown. It wouldn't be too bad if all the drivers knew the rules for approaching/leaving roundabouts....Expect the unexpected.

Indeed. The Arc de Tromphe of Murcia...whoever thought that was a good idea when the Spanish adopt the outer lane regardless is an optimistic street planner. Thankfully the plethora of traffic lights at least means you’re rarely going around it at anything more than walking speed.

Anyway, let’s not scare the OP. It’s easy enough, just take your time. Coming back it’s just a case of a somewhat convoluted u-turn involving a slip road and a set of lights across to another slip road the other side to just bring you back on yourself. Don’t fret, leave the radio off and the sat nav on, and as I always say to my slightly nervous driving partner, worse that happens is you miss a turn and have to travel a short distance in the wrong direction.

Thanks for the info. The big roundabouts can be a bit daunting. If i get a beep or two i'll take it on the chin.
Im already thinking about the retun journey. I'll load up on swedish meatballs beforehand :)
ozzysteeve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Calamity J » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi, having encountered that scary roundabout a few times, I found another way to Ikea. Come off the A7 at the junction beforehand for Nueva Condomina/ Estadio, there's a lovely quiet service road which takes you past the stadium + up to a nice indoor shopping mall which will be on the right. At that mall there's a roundabout which, if you go left, takes you over the A7 + pretty much on to the Thader site with Ikea ( just a few quiet roundabouts to deal with ) If you miss that roundabout, there's another one a bit further by Leroy Merlin, which again takes you over the A7. Stress-free!
Calamity J

Which part of Spain are you from?: Aeropuerto

Postby Algorfawoman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Pick up the A7 at Orihuela it's a piece of cake and no tolls.
Algorfawoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous