Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Missing Residencia Paperwork

Missing Residencia Paperwork

Postby foneageek » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi, Could anyone advise - We are residents of Spain and have been for many years now. We have lost - Well someone took our paperwork in a house burglary:( Can anyone recommend anyone who could help us get replacements? We luckily still have the NIE paperwork. Thank you for your help in advance.
foneageek

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesa

Re: Missing Residencia Paperwork

Postby marcliff » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:53 pm

If you have a solicitor then they will have the full details including date and so on.
Otherwise you need to make an appointment with a National Police station or foreigner's office. They will require your NIE, a recent padron and some require a police crime number so ask before you go to that particular office.

You need to complete another EX18, make an online appointment in this area and pay the "tasa" which is the fee for applying for residency (again).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby junewain » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:10 pm

Our residencias were stolen from the house, and I have asked some interpreters and my lawyer, and they all say we have to go through the whole process again, even though we only got the residencias in March this year.It is so annoying, as they must have all our details on computer and I wiuld have thought it would be easy to produce them again.
junewain

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo bravo

Postby Lavender » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:24 am

junewain wrote:Our residencias were stolen from the house, and I have asked some interpreters and my lawyer, and they all say we have to go through the whole process again, even though we only got the residencias in March this year.It is so annoying, as they must have all our details on computer and I wiuld have thought it would be easy to produce them again.

My son got his residencia 24 years ago, renewed it after the 5 year limited period and the certificate has Permanente on it. He recently lost his original, but has many copies and he has also been told he has to re-apply all over again. Although the citizens advice bureau has said that by law and the Spanish Royal Decree he should not have to re-apply and also the fact that he received his permanent residency so many years ago it should strengthen his case. Unfortunately due to Brexit the goal posts are constantly being moved. His paperwork, along with the denuncia for the lost original is still with the solicitor to try to sort out but there are no residencia appointments. So, good luck cos we're all going to need it!!!!
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada