Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Metal and plastic recycling bins

Metal and plastic recycling bins

Postby Glassfull » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:45 am

Way back in February, for us the 19th, many cube shaped metal and plastic recycling bins were dropped off, by rubbish bins, around the Dona Pepa area. Within a fortnight they were full but, in the three months since, they have never been emptied.

Worse still, people, enthused by the prospect of doing their bit for the environment, now leave plastic bottles by this new landmark, no doubt feeling good about doing their bit. Unfortunately, for those that live near these bins, the wind picks up these plastic bottles and redistributes them around the streets, leaving others to gather them up, crush them and drop them in the general rubbish, in an attempt to keep their environment tidy.

Has anyone else noticed this and, does anyone know who to contact?

Oh and why is it that some people just love dropping empty eight litre water bottles into the bins without crushing them? Are they so dense that they cannot recognise that, that eight litres of air is space that cannot be used for other rubbish?

End of rant.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Metal and plastic recycling bins

Postby Titch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:24 am

I totally agree with your sentiments. I always crush all my plastic, even the small yoghurt pots, to take up less precious space in these bins. So many don't bother and I guess they don't think to do this. Perhaps they will read this and get the idea. I've notice the bins don't seem to be getting emptied these days. I'll email Derek Monk in the municipal center to see if he can advise....
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby kathyl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:08 am

It's not just your bins that are never emptied enough. By Canales supermarket, they are always full to overflowing. After taking my recycling and find them full I just chuck it in ordinary bin. But then I think why am I doing my bit but the council not ?
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Titch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:10 am

UPDATE : If you notice that bins, including recycling bins, need emptying, phone 965 725 722 or go to the Municipal Centre in Quesada and see Mayte at reception. She'll need the location of the bin and will pass the info on to the Ayuntamiento.
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada