Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Registered mail to Spanish address

Registered mail to Spanish address

Postby Shiva » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Sorry for what almost certainly will sound to old hands like a stupid question, but... I want to send a document to a Spanish Address( in this case,Madrid). I know I can buy stamps for general letters, postcards etc from an Estanco, and can then put these in a yellow postbox.

But how do I send things of more importance, and can it be done registered etc, and FROM WHERE? Yes , I know where the Correos Depot in Quesada is, ( along from Quesada Fish & Chips) but it looks totally UNPublic, not sure where even a normal entrance for Joe or Joanna public would be. Where is the front door? And is that where one should go , anyway? Help, please.
Shiva

Re: Registered mail to Spanish address

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:55 am

The correos by Quesada Fish n Chips is the place. It is for the public and has a front door at the ,errrrrr, front on the right hand side.

Can get very busy, though.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:01 am

I use the one in Rojales village , ask at the counter they do signed for delivered mail in Spain or world wide,done it myself for post to Malaga,,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Shiva » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:10 am

GLASSMAN wrote:I use the one in Rojales village , ask at the counter they do signed for delivered mail in Spain or world wide,done it myself for post to Malaga,,

Whereabouts in Rojales is it?

Never having had to use the post offices before, have obviously been walking round with eyes shut to them :text-lol:
Shiva

Postby Shiva » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:12 am

marcliff wrote:has a front door at the ,errrrrr, front on the right hand side.

I have definitely been going round with eyes shut not to see a front door...will look more closely next time... :text-lol:
Shiva

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:50 am

From the waterwheel side,walk or drive over the old bridge under repairs you cant go ! so go to next bridge over that or the red footbridge in between both bridges and its there facing you ,yellow sign saying Correos,same side of river as indoor Market and town hall,opens at 9am ,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Shiva » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:40 pm

Thanks!
Shiva

Postby Shiva » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:27 pm

OK so winded my merry way into Rojales to find Correos, kind of mis-interpreted Glassman's directions so was heading on road out towards Los Palacios, thought, na, this isn't right, but it gave me the chance to actually use the Spanish I keep practising and ask for directions... And a lovely Spanish Lady pointed me in right direction. Correos found and job done. Also took opportunity to get Fiesta programme and a couple of bus timetables from the Ayuntamiento, so all in all a pleasant morning walk with business done...And there was NO queue at all in Correos...
Shiva