Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Travelling to uk

Re: Travelling to uk

Postby BohsPaul » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 am

It's not just a figure for the crossing you are looking at.
BohsPaul

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:03 am

Panchotaff
I am glad you were happy to take the french trip, we are not, but wasnt even offered it, i accept things happen, so resigned to having to go to plymouth,but when i have been told by two other people that after being promised to go to plymouth instead of portsmouth two weeks before leaving,then another week later cancelling that!!!
I am now just waiting for plymouth to be cancelled, i wonder how you would have felt if one week before your amended trip to france was cancelled?
loners

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad Quesada

Postby panchotaff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:27 am

Loners

All I was attempting to do was to explain my experience with Brittany Ferries. We were told the sailing was cancelled 4 days before the sailing date. I accept we were lucky they were able to offer us something which we could accept. We normally drive down through France anyway - the Plymouth to Santander ferry trip was something different.
Apologies if I upset you - it was not my intention

Panchotaff
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 am

Not upset at all,i was also explaining my experience with brittany ferries,and my friends,to make a promise, that it appears they have no intention of keeping,i will admit as yet we are travelling to plymouth! I am just trying to learn by others experiences, i could be jumpping the gun,i hope not, we will see.
loners

Postby kevin07 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Having travelled between UK & Spain for twenty years twice a month cancellations happen sometimes with hardly any notice Brittany Ferries are the only company that sail between Spain & UK since P&O stopped this crossing Brittany dont have any competition they can do want they want and charge what they want once they get your money they are not bothered, on freight for example they will put four in a cabin irrelevant of nationality or sex, an average truck can cost £1000 each way four drivers to a cabin £4000, and going through France is not cheap plus the distance involved.
Silverdale Transport & Removals
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01270 872731
Mobile: 07952170306
Mobile: 627 371 937
kevin07

Which part of Spain are you from?: albir

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:14 pm

I suppose if the only ferry that goes between Portsmouth and Santander catches fire and damages an engine they can't really do much about it. They are cancelled on that route for one week but the Portsmouth / Bilbao and the Plymouth ones are still running.
I should also think there were rather a lot more in the same boat (yes, pun intended) and manged to switch to the Bilbao crossing but places would be limited.
I have had a few trips cancelled at short notice (one when we were just the other side of Madrid heading to Bilbao) due to weather conditions. We have had to wait for the next sailing which each time which could have been 4 or 5 days later.

Hope you manage to get back but it would appear it is something out of their control but, I agree, they should have given you other options when they told you it was cancelled. I suppose the Plymouth sailing is another option.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:52 pm

Yes kevin 07, this is what happens when no competition, like you have said, but the mixing of sexes in a cabin is news, how bad is that !!!
I dont think that i would have received the e mail when i did, it is just i asked for a dupicate of my reciept to say i had paid, because i always have it printed out just incase,it was just because i asked about that that they gave me a add on,saying,by the way you are now going to plymouth!! Sort of, and if that isnt ok, give us a ring,,which took me the whole morning getting through,,and wished i hadnt wasted my time or money!!!
How i wish i could say, never again i will go with the competition!!!!
It is a shame this is the only time it is urgent we get back on date we booked,so if it is cancelled again!!!,we will have to fly, and the dog is going to have to follow later, if there is a next time shall leave lots of time.
Come on you rich people out there!!! Give Brittany Ferries some comp,sorry no more P&o !!! for spain.
loners

Postby jcee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:20 pm

I've used the ferries from Norther Spain to the UK for 14 years normally 4 trips per year. Had a few cancellations in that time. Had a problem last week, Pont Aven broken down following a fire in the engine room, offered alternative ferry Roscoff to Plymouth. Brittany covered the fuel cost from Santander to Roscoff plus toll charges and one night hotel cost and one dinner cost.

In my opinion excellent service and I am very grateful for their consideration. We were not traveling with animals which causes its own problems due to lack of dog friendly cabins etc.
jcee

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Yes that was excellent, lucky you, pity I didn't get anyone similar
loners

Postby kevin07 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 am

Freight passengers are treated differently than the public which is wrong when you work out how much freight spend a year a friend of mine Tina who drives an arctic was put in with two polish drivers one time surely that is not exceptable, i have travelled both freight and private many times and the way you are spoken to by the staff is totally wrong when on freight.
Silverdale Transport & Removals
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01270 872731
Mobile: 07952170306
Mobile: 627 371 937
kevin07

Which part of Spain are you from?: albir

PreviousNext