Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Travelling to uk

Travelling to uk

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:44 am

We have travelled with brittany ferries, from santander to Portsmouth several times,, without problems.
But was told 2days ago, that we will have to go to Plymouth, I very long e mail about fire on board, and is now working on only 3 engines!!!
That puts us 300mile away from our destination,, I rang to try and change! No luck,,excepting we had no choose.
Now my friend who left in May has in formed me she had the same scenario,, two weeks before leaving,told would be going to Plymouth , it got worse, a week later was told the ferry was cancelled altogether! She then had to do the trip all the way through France.
It doesn't end there,, her friend who is leaving on the 11th of this month,, again has been told two weeks before they would be going to Plymouth instead of Portsmouth,, but just been told one week ahead of travelling ferry cancelled altogether, this is discussing behaviour by Brittany Ferries, so now I am holding my breath waiting, for the same scenario!!
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?
Hope this makes sense, I have tried to keep it as consise as I can. Thanks
loners

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad Quesada

Re: Travelling to uk

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:58 am

If you retired and no pressure to get back for work or such like,why not book with another ferry company,or go via chunnel,surely they were warning signs what happen to your friends could happen to you,best of luck hope you get sorted,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby jpeg » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:19 am

jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:31 am

The Pont Aven was damaged and taken out for repair so the Portsmouth Santander has 4 cancellations.
However, the Portsmouth Bilbao ferry is operating as normal. Couldn't they have fitted you on that one?
Plymouth is a nuisance as it can take over an hour to get out of the city in the first place due to the pretty poor road layouts from the docks.

What other ferry companies operate from UK to Spain?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:07 am

I have been on the phone for ages,,, no fitting in, till 29th, no good for us, have to be in uk by the 25th.
They are not at all helpful, can't find other operators of ferries, be grateful if someone could tell me, yes admit it is horrendous getting out of santander, but that's just how it is, always leave myself plenty of time
Just like a familiar route, now at my age don't want change.
loners

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:27 am

Jpeg,, yes this is the link i already been on, found the day before our origanal booking ,thought that will do,,it said 75 people have booked in the last 24 hrs!,so rang brittany and asked why i hadnt been offered the day before,,she told me if i went further booking in completly, i would have been told there are none???so whis it there i asked,she told me i had to completeit all? Only then i would be told!!!! crazy
Just been on again and it has gone up to 87 people have booked this in the last 24hrs????? I am confused
loners

Postby panchotaff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:14 am

We had the same problem 2 weeks ago. The Portsmouth to Santander sailing on the Pont Avon was cancelled as the ship had problems with the steering hydraulics.

I phoned Brittany Ferries and spoke to a very helpful lady on their help desk. We discussed the options open to me and we agreed I would be rebooked onto the Portsmouth to Cherbourg ferry on the same day as the original ferry booking. I accept this resulted in me having to travel down through France and incurred an additional overnighter on the journey.

Brittany Ferries compensated me for the cost of the fuel for the additional mileage from Cherbourg to Santander. My next job is to write to Brittany Ferries to claim the cost of the original overnight stop.

So far I have found Brittany Ferries very helpful and fair.
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby BohsPaul » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:37 am

The number it shows on direct ferries is for the total number of people who have booked a crossing on that route in the past 24 hours not just the crossing that you are looking for.
BohsPaul

Postby loners » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:52 am

Dont understand, brittany ferries seem like run all of the ferries, they told me no spaces on any ferries, then all those people had booked on the day before, in 24 hrs???so how did they book when i was told 24hrs before hand no spaces?
loners

Postby BohsPaul » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:56 am

Them 80 odd bookings could be for crossings up to the end of December.
BohsPaul

Next