Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Recycling

Recycling

Postby cjrk » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Has anybody got an idea why the recycling hasn't been picked up in Quesada? There's plastic and cans all over the place.
cjrk

Re: Recycling

Postby kathyl » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:17 pm

No idea but I think it is disgusting.Either increase collection dates or put out more bins
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Glassfull » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Yep, something needs doing

Previous post

post168270.html?hilit=Plastic#p168270
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Titch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 am

UPDATE : If you notice that bins, including recycling bins, need emptying, phone 965 725 722 or go to the Municipal Centre in Quesada and see Mayte at reception. She'll need the location of the bin and will pass the info on to the Ayuntamiento.
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Roach » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm

This seems to be a on going and a wide problem. It's the same all over the place. They put the recycle bins out (which usually gets anything shoved in it) so i recycle, but more often than not, they are over flowing so people understandably dump what could be recycled in the normal waste, which is also nearly always overflowing. Who ever is on the council needs to address it as it's bringing down the areas.

May i also attribute some of the blame to the supermarkets adding a bunch of wrapping on nearly everything you buy. Bought TWO avocados. They could of been bought loose or in a small paper bag but NO, surrounded by thick card and wrapped in plastic.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby nannyabroad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Ours up near Canales has not been emptied for three weeks. Having said that it amazes us most plastic bottles are not squeezed down just chucked in whole which does not help. Main culprits are the bars and shops who I have seen chuck cardboard boxes etc in whole without crushing down.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby lllkb01 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:39 pm

It's not just the recycle bins. The general waste bins throughout the area don't seem to be being emptied a often as they used to be (ie 6 times a week) and are often overflowing with bags of waste left around them. Does anyone know on what basis waste is collected?
lllkb01

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby marcliff » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:54 pm

I think this has been discussed on the several threads going on about it. (as in Rubbish, Recycling, Bins Dona Pepa and I'm pretty sure some others as well.
The town hall has apologised and got rid of the previous contractors who didn't do anything for a couple of weeks hence the backlog.
The new contractors are busy clearing up the backlog and the town hall has said it will take a while as they catch up on it all.

The broken bins are also going to be replaced.

This was posted by martintheartist on a different thread
This is to inform you that the contract with the new company commenced on Saturday last 15th June. In the days leading up to this change, the outgoing company failed to empty containers along with those for recycling. We apologise for this and can assure you that the new company is currently working to eliminate the backlog, to check on the state of the containers, to replace those damaged and to restore to the number of containers each area requires.

This will take some days and we ask for your patience. Please do notify us if you have any damaged containers not replaced by the end of this week. Also, please understand, the long duration of the dispute with the outgoing company took over a year going through the courts during which time we were not allowed to cancel the contract. That now is in the past.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Glassfull » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Well, our bins in Dona Pepa weren't emptied last night.

It bit to soon for a hiccup?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby lllkb01 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm

marcliff wrote:I think this has been discussed on the several threads going on about it. (as in Rubbish, Recycling, Bins Dona Pepa and I'm pretty sure some others as well.
The town hall has apologised and got rid of the previous contractors who didn't do anything for a couple of weeks hence the backlog.
The new contractors are busy clearing up the backlog and the town hall has said it will take a while as they catch up on it all.

The broken bins are also going to be replaced.

This was posted by martintheartist on a different thread
This is to inform you that the contract with the new company commenced on Saturday last 15th June. In the days leading up to this change, the outgoing company failed to empty containers along with those for recycling. We apologise for this and can assure you that the new company is currently working to eliminate the backlog, to check on the state of the containers, to replace those damaged and to restore to the number of containers each area requires.

This will take some days and we ask for your patience. Please do notify us if you have any damaged containers not replaced by the end of this week. Also, please understand, the long duration of the dispute with the outgoing company took over a year going through the courts during which time we were not allowed to cancel the contract. That now is in the past.

Thank you. Very helpful
lllkb01

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Next