Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Residencia

Residencia

Postby Deadeyedick » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Has anyone been to get their residencia within the last couple of weeks. I have just read in Healthplan magazine online where they say “under new residency requirements “ you need to have an income of €800 per person per month. Just wondering if this is correct.
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Re: Residencia

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Confusing isn't it? Especially as different areas seem to have different rules on how much is required. There must be a government laid down amount but anyone you speak seems to have a different amount depending on the region.

Here it would seem they are now using the Spanish "minimum wage" amount which is around €900 a month. Others used the "average pension" income which is just over 600 euro. On the Costa del Sol (Andalusia) then the amount is even lower.

They have also started asking, in this area, that the amount your declare (pension etc) is paid into a Spanish bank for 3 months before you apply (which seems a bit silly to me and is, I believe, against the EU rules).

However, I took someone to Elche just over a year ago and they asked the applicants if they had a mortgage. The didn't and that was the only question they asked about income, didn't even ask how much they got.

Then again, it's been reported, recently, that the same police station in Elche has been turning people away if they can't show an income of 800 euro into a Spanish bank for 3 months (that's 800 for a household, by the way, not individually).4
The law states you should have an income in excess of that laid down by the annual Budget Law in Spain Ley de Presupuestos Generales del Estado. This document is, however, huge and I can't see how much you need (it's probably in their somewhere but is over 50 pages long in Spanish and I lost the will to live after the first 10 pages.)

All very confusing, all seems to depend on who you get on a particular day (which it certainly shouldn't do) and the best advice is to ask before attending.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Deadeyedick » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Thank you marcliff. Always helpful replies. Much appreciated.
Deadeyedick

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Not that helpful, I'm afraid. It gets more and more confusing every time I look into this.
However, I'm sure that there are several on here who have recently gone through the procedure and will be able to let you know what the requirements were.
Pretty sure that you'll get a few different replies depending on where they went and who they saw. It should all be laid down in concrete but, in this case, the concrete never seems to set.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby sunworshipper » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:55 pm

We got our Resencia last year.
My partner just had to prove proof of pension ( but not paid into Spanish bank account) so he could also get Spanish healthcare.
I am under pensionable age so I had to have Private Healthcare and have 7000 euros in the Spanish bank account ( no proof of income).
I can highly recommend One Way Setvices to advise about and book appointment to get Resendencia. We got ours with the help of One Way Services in Quesada
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Danny1967 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi I got mine last week in oriehela I think that’s spelt wrong but anyway all I needed was social security number, nie ,passport, contract of work, Vida laboral , and 3 months bank statements
Danny1967

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 am

I think being employed may be a somewhat different scenario.

For inactives I doubt there are any 'new' requirements other than those invented by local officials who seem to be free to act as Lords in their own little fiefdoms across the land!

FWIW and albeit back in October last year; we did our residencia in Orihuela and our financials, 3 months worth of joint bank A/C statements showing just a total amount of pensions coming in as opposed to us as individuals, were glossed over rather than scrutinised and we were in and out inside of about 15 minutes residecias in hand.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Shiva » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:07 am

Re the pension paid into a Spanish bank account, we didn't need to show that. Got ours in March. I was a bit concerned by the experience of others re showing pension paid into Spanish bank account because, for own reasons, we do not at present wish to have pensions etc paid into the account every month. Would prefer to transfer money as and when we decide. We were going to Alicante as OH needed both NIE and residencia at same time and Alicante will do this. Brought nice thick file with all the evidence I could think of in original plus copies, including pension award notices, 6 months of bank statements ( Spain and UK) as well as a stamped statement from the Spanish bank certifying bank balance. We were in and out in ( literally) about 3 minutes. He looked carefully at the bank certificate, then checked S1s and padron and that was it. So it seems that isn't essential to be having pension paid in, showing funds in the bank that you can support yourself is accepted. Which is meant to be the rule anyway... Or maybe it was just that particular policeman on that particular day. I gather Alicante is more of a ' head office' for this region so maybe they are more inclined to keep to official guidelines.
Shiva

Postby Deadeyedick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Thank you so much to you all for your helpful replies. Much appreciated.
Deadeyedick

Postby cheflady » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:13 pm

We to got ours few month back in Orihuela we proved we had no mortgage and a letter from DWP stating that we were getting just Hubby's basic pension didn't ask for bank account Spanish of English it was really easy
cheflady