Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

RECYCLING

RECYCLING

Postby kathyl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:32 am

I AM DOING NO MORE RECYCLING. JUST BEEN TO THE BINS BY CANALES SUPERMARKET ON AVDA COSTA AZUL AND ONCE AGAIN THEY ARE FULL TO OVERFLOWING WITH BAGS OF PAPER AND PLASTICS STUFFED BETWEEN THE BINS AND HALF WAY ACROSS THE FOOTPATH ABOUT A METER HIGH. THERE IS ABOUT 6 BINS IN ALL THERE. THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEM SELVES LETTING IT GET LIKE THIS. PERHAPS THEY OUGHT TO GET THEIR ARSES UP HERE AND HAVE A LOOK. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: RECYCLING

Postby panchotaff » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:53 pm

I agree with you. Have been putting my recycling in green / black bins for past week
If they want us to recycle they should ensure the recycling bins are emptied. There must be a contract for this work.
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby garysl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:00 pm

I fully agree. I walk past the recycling bins in Benimar every morning. The plastic and cans one has been full for over a month and the carboard one for the last 2 weeks. I've got 3 plastic sackioads of recycling, waiting for the day that I walk past and they've been emptied. Luckily I've got the space to store them. Plenty of people haven't.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Roach » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:02 pm

This is the case everywhere at the moment. It's as though all the recycling companies are on holiday or something. Most of my rubbish is recyclable but the last 2 bin bags full have had to go in the normal waste. Does anyone know who to contact regarding this? It's getting stupid now, crap all over the place.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby Trevor52 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Recycle bins in El Rasso and Torrevieja are always emptied. I have been taking our there when I visit these places. Pity Rojales cant empty theirs and why do we not have as many paper/cardboard bins in Quesada as we do plastic and bottle bins.
Trevor52

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby marcliff » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm

And, as previously mentioned, the trucks were indeed around by Consum the other day. Unfortunately, they only emptied the glass recycling bins and the rest is just piled up next to the bins. Cardboard, bags of cans, plastic and general waste just dumped.
Another email to the municipal town hall (that'll make 3 so far) but nothing seems to be done.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Glassfull » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:04 pm

I used Facebook’s Messenger yesterday to complain about the metal and plastic recycling bins that were delivered in February and have NEVER been emptied. Their reply today was “Buenos días, lo trasladamos al departamento correspondiente para que lo solucionen lo antes posible. Un saludo.” Which translated means “Good morning, we moved it to the corresponding department to solve it as soon as possible. A greeting.”

We shall see.

One neighbour called the town hall recently and was informed that the refuse contractor hasn’t enough vehicles.

And another neighbour said that he’s seen, the two man crew, who lift the suits mattresses etc., more often in cafes, than out on the road.

Outsourcing, such a sensible practice. On paper.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby El Tel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 pm

There has been a change in the company that deals with recycling. The latest from the Ayuntamiento is that new bins are being put in place and the streets will be clean again very soon. They also apologise for the problem.
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Roy and Mo Williams » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am

I agree that there is a problem with the collections, but surely the public have to take some of the blame, why when there is no room left in the bins do people insist dumping their rubbish on the roads and pavements, do as one of the posts has stated, put their rubbish in the normal bins until the problem is solved.
Roy and Mo Williams

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby perry60blue » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:05 pm

The recycling near Canales was removed this morning. Apparently a new company has the contract and will collect all the recycling neglected over the last month.

Please keep recycling!
perry60blue

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next