Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Amazon firestick

Re: Amazon firestick

Postby bobbyboo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:15 pm

He taught me how to log out and log back in. Written instructions down but hope it doesn't happen again. Technology is brilliant when it works! Thank you for your help too.
Bobbyboo
bobbyboo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar del Segura

Re: Amazon firestick

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:51 am

As someone whose job it is to review & test technology - specifically TV type devices, i'm a little perplexed as to the effort people go to messing about with cracked or hacked Amazon firestick.

There are much better solutions for IPTV, than hacked Firesticks.

1. What is a cracked firestick? It's nothing but an Android stick, when you bypass the Amazon software. This puts it in the same category usage wise as any other Android box or stick - so the whole 'Amazon stick' is pointless unless being used specifically the way Amazon intended - IE with their software, not hacked for Kodi.

2. Amazon don't want you do do this - Amazon have their own services and do not want their equipment hacked or being able to access free content. They have even stated they seek to block the equipment if possible. Hacks de-activate software updates, which is fine - until Amazon find a way around this.

3. There are better devices for these type of services - dedicated IPTV boxes, offer a 'single software solution' which integrates the channel list, the weekly program guide, the catch-up and the 'on demand' content - all together. No reliance on separate apps or hacks.

4. A decent dedicated solution will perform better - more memory, for buffer/stability & overall integration and use is much better.

I'm not saying they do not work, just everyone seems to think this is a decent solution 'as it's cheap' - and having tested these as well as a ton of other equipment, they simply do not do the job anywhere near as well as other devices.

In addition to this, it often gets overlooked as to the actual service being supplied with the 'hacked' firestick. Prices often vary considerably - but there's a catch. The catch is the cheaper the service is, the more likely it is shared or shared more, weakening overall stability. Twice as many people on a server, reduces performance by half! So a company selling the same service for €200 per year as another company sells at €100 - on the surface seems like one is clearly better value - however, this may not ring true, as a good service provider will restrict the amount of people on a server - whereas most of the cowboys and priced as cheaply as possible, during peak times or events, issues can start.

https://www.televisiontechnology.eu/uktv-in-spain 'Everything you need to know about TV in Spain'

Paul
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Previous