Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Rojales en Fiestas

Rojales en Fiestas

Postby Tony W » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:47 am

Today starts the week long fiesta in Rojales culminating next week-end with The Moors and Christians processions etc. Great, it is something you see if only once.BUT WHY WHY WHY must some idiot walk round with a metal tube strapped on his arm setting off horrendously loud firework bangers at 9o'clock in the morning. this only disturbs the wild life, cats and dogs and startles anyone who maybe near at the time. I truly cannot see any purpose for it, and they are not cheap either. I am not 'a miserable old git' and I enjoy watching the fire work display same as everyone else. but this nonsense, no.
Tony W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Rojales en Fiestas

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:56 am

its Spain that's what happens at Fiesta times its Spanish culture,it doesn't need changeing ,its there country,it happends most other weekends near us people celebrate with fireworks,the cats n dogs are use to it if there are Spanish cats n dogs , 9 am is,nt early, the bars open at 6.30am or earlier near me for the workmen to call for coffee going to work , fireworks might start at 7am tomorrow, Get ready for the loud music and fireworks tonite then ,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby AndyC » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:08 am

:text-lol:
AndyC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby bktayken » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:09 am

GLASSMAN wrote:its Spain that's what happens at Fiesta times its Spanish culture,it doesn't need changeing ,its there country,it happends most other weekends near us people celebrate with fireworks,the cats n dogs are use to it if there are Spanish cats n dogs , 9 am is,nt early, the bars open at 6.30am or earlier near me for the workmen to call for coffee going to work , fireworks might start at 7am tomorrow, Get ready for the loud music and fireworks tonite then ,
bktayken

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:32 am

How come the events calendar published by the town hall, earlier this month, made no mention of today’s parade and fireworks ?
Jillandsteve

Postby Tony W » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:38 am

Jillandsteve.
I believe the 29th June is a local saints day,and I am fairly sure there will be a firework display at 10 pm tonight in Rojales
Tony W

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:07 am

:text-thankyouyellow:
Jillandsteve

Postby Janjan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 am

A neighbour of ours sold up and moved to France because of all the fireworks. I hate Fireworks (loud bangs) so wouldn't get close but it's the Spanish Culture and you have to accept it.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Drama Queen » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Yes, we do have to accept it - but seeing my dog crying and shaking with fright (and yes, she's a Spanish Podenco) is very sad. Most people accept firework displays - you know when to expect them, but I totally agree that the random bangers they let off are dangerous to people nearby and also with the danger of starting a fire - and frankly they're in the hands of idiots. We watched a young boy put one in a coke can, effectively making a bomb - and down drains. I know it's the culture - but much as I love the Spanish people and many other aspects of Spanish life - I think it's time the law was changed on allowing anyone to buy explosives unless they are trained to let them off.
Drama Queen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Near the golf course

Postby kathyl » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:17 pm

The fireworks ect were advertised as FRIDAY 29/6. The 29/6 being Saturday. Confused a lot of people
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion