Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Airport shuttle

Airport shuttle

Postby Creed » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Why cannot you offer a airport shuttle from Ciudad Quesada if benniconnect can set up how do they do it
Creed

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Airport shuttle

Postby jpeg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:40 pm

Question could be a little more clear?
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Creed » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Oh yes excuse my ignorance
I would like to set up a shuttle service and drop of in Quesada area on a daily basis but I see there is a whole issue of red tape and buaircacy. Involved. So my question was other company’s allowed but it’s not easy or possible to do unles your Spanish.
Creed

Postby cheflady » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:06 pm

Sad but true and I think it would be really hard to beat beniconnect
cheflady

Postby Buxtonian » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm

There are other companies who offer shuttle services to Quesada. Yes Beniconnect are good if there are only two of you and you don't mind being dropped off at the arches. More than two and you are better off using other reliable companies who offer private transfers to your door 24 hours a day. Some of which are British owned but registered legally in Spain. It is no different in the UK as you still have to be professionally qualified to operate a bus company the same as you do here! Also, if people didn't use illegal taxis etc then perhaps the legal companies could offer an even more competitive service.
Buxtonian

Postby Shiva » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:09 am

[quote="Buxtonian"... if people didn't use illegal taxis etc then perhaps the legal companies could offer an even more competitive service.[/quote]
While I agree with most of what Buxtonian says, could argue the opposite to this last point...I.e if the legal companies offered a more competitive service, people wouldn't use illegal ones....
Not just in terms of airport transfers but generally local taxis. If there were more legal local taxis available ( i.e more licenses issued) there would be little business for the illegal ones. But the legal taxi services do seem to be quite heavily restricted in terms of how many are permitted. Have also been quite taken aback to see how many people seem to drink and drive here...but possibly also a consequence of there being no guarantee of being always able to get a legal taxi quickly and easily after an evening out.Just not enough of them around.
Shiva

Postby DuFay » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:08 am

Shiva the system out here is a shambles as a Licensed operator back in the UK of a Stretch Limo service for 13 years before we retired to come out here, When we try & book a Taxi localy to pick us up & take us to a function & bring us back its CRAZY the local company pick you up & take you out of the area & drop you off & give you a card for a local Taxi company thats going to pick you up & drop you off at home. Back in the UK we were allowed to do pick ups & drop offs & the return journeys as long as they were booked in advance, But you were not allowed to do pickups out of your area unless they were Pre Booked As in this day of Safety surely its safer & better for your local licensed Taxi to pick you up & return to collect you & take you home?
DuFay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Buxtonian » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:35 am

Shiva, I understand what you are saying but the amount of "illegals" operating at the moment is making it harder for the legal shuttle companies who have to pay taxes, higher vehicle insurance, liability insurance and the additional costs associated to comply with "pcv" regulations. No such costs for the "illegals"!
Buxtonian