Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Prescription charges

Prescription charges

Postby Pete31 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:15 am

hello, anyone know why I get a 10% charge on prescriptions and at 70 and a resident same age as me don’t pay.

He has been a resident for longer than me maybe that’s why. Any ideas guys.

Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Re: Prescription charges

Postby marcliff » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:24 am

Until you make your first income tax return as a resident then the SIP card link can't tell how much you earn.
Once you have done that then the card will be linked to your tax return but you will pay 10% until then.

Also, the free prescriptions are only for those who earn less than €18,000 a year. If your income is above that then you will continue to pay 10% of the cost up to a maximum of around €18 a month. (If you earn over 100,000 a year the cap is over €60 a month).

I pay 10% due to my income, my wife gets them free as she only has the state pension which is less than €18,000.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Pete31 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:42 am

marcliff wrote:Until you make your first income tax return as a resident then the SIP card link can't tell how much you earn.
Once you have done that then the card will be linked to your tax return but you will pay 10% until then.

Also, the free prescriptions are only for those who earn less than €18,000 a year. If your income is above that then you will continue to pay 10% of the cost up to a maximum of around €18 a month. (If you earn over 100,000 a year the cap is over €60 a month).

I pay 10% due to my income, my wife gets them free as she only has the state pension which is less than €18,000.

Many thanks Marcliff.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Locknut » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:54 am

Is the €18000 gross or net after allowances ?
Locknut

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Rosa