Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Refuse Collection

Re: Refuse Collection

Postby maria elena » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Glassfull wrote:I communicate with the Town Hall via Facebook Messenger. I compose a message and use Google Translate to transfer it into Spanish, paste that translation into Messenger and e voila. Oops sorry, aquí tienes!

Was that a while ago? I’ve messaged them more recently and they haven’t replied. I’d assumed it was another of their “grand gestures” (like the Botanical Gardens and the Old Finca) and that it’s been forgotten about.
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Glassfull » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:12 pm

26 June was our last communication on Messenger.

With WhatsApp, well, that was was 24 July last year.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby cooper67 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:06 pm

I left Quesada early today took some rubbish out before went to the airport bins all overflowing was only out for 10 day and that's the second time the bins were overflowing, hope that they can resolve this overall I have had a great 10 days with my grandson roll on August back out for a month
cooper67

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby jcee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:56 pm

maria elena wrote:
Glassfull wrote:I communicate with the Town Hall via Facebook Messenger. I compose a message and use Google Translate to transfer it into Spanish, paste that translation into Messenger and e voila. Oops sorry, aquí tienes!

Was that a while ago? I’ve messaged them more recently and they haven’t replied. I’d assumed it was another of their “grand gestures” (like the Botanical Gardens and the Old Finca) and that it’s been forgotten about.

The Botanical Gardens by the old Finca are a Valencian Community project, nothing to do with Rojales.

Our bins in Quesada 2 were cleared pm yesterday, Saturday.
jcee

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Lavender » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:57 am

jcee wrote:
maria elena wrote:

The Botanical Gardens by the old Finca are a Valencian Community project, nothing to do with Rojales.

Our bins in Quesada 2 were cleared pm yesterday, Saturday.

So they were out collecting the refuse on Saturday then!!!! Well, they haven't emptied our bin since Friday. So, that's a full 2 days we have had to endure nowhere to empty our kitchen bins. It isn't good in this heat. I've also sent a message to them but won't hold my breath for a reply.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby iant » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:34 am

In their defense we are getting our bins emptied every day so perhaps it is a localised thing. They also now have 2 men on the back where before they only had 1. Also they empty it even if it is half full whereas before they left it for the next day if not full. My biggest gripe is the inconsiderate people who leave trees, beds and any old junk beside the bins. On one occasion I told the culprit of the number to phone to get it removed. His reply was "well you phone them then"
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 am

Martin the artist wrote:Well if you want to pay more taxes....
The town hall have asked for citizens to help hem and provided an easy way to do so, rather than having to employ extra staff!
It just annoys me that people free they should always complain rather than do something positive!
Have we become a nation of moaners?
Well said Martin , a lot of the brits in spain have,, they cant think that the taxes council and basura are a fraction of what is charged in the uk for council tax, I think Rojales council do a great job keeping the streets clean ,and a word/telephone call in the right places helps to get things done,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:05 am

Lavender wrote:
Harry Epsom wrote:Misplaced assumptions Martin. I saw Derek in his Quesada office a week last Wednesday and discussed the ongoing refuse collection problems with him, which he made plain he was already aware of. I am merely venting my frustration on the forum in knowing that the problem persists some 11 days later.

I agree with you entirely. I am sick and tired of the excuses the town hall makes. Last year one of our bins was taken away and not replaced. The administrators of the community complained to the town hall and we were promised a replacement, which we are still waiting for. The town hall is well aware of the disgusting streets and I feel sorry for the people who have bins outside their house. They end up having old sofas and mattresses outside their gates and garden rubbish strewn all over the place. Yes, it's the ignorant, selfish people who do this, but we pay our taxes for the council to sort it out. I have enough problems in my life with daily runs to the hospital without having to keep ringing the town hall about dustbins. They are well aware of the problem, so they should sort it out once and for all. The streets are going to be overrun with rats at this rate and it's sickening. The dustbin lorry even drove up the street without emptying the bins for God's sake. I thought they were going to come back down but obviously they didn't.
If THE RUBBISH STREWN STREET worries you that much whats 10mins of your time to sweep it up,thats what I do!, the old sayings true, there's doers and there's talkers,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Paulr » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 am

I agree, Glassman.

I remember when I was a kid that my Dad used to mow a lawn to the side of our house, even though it was outside of our garden wall and belonged to the Council. There are too many people these days with a lack of community spirit, expecting everything to be done for the paltry sum of Council Tax we pay in Spain. I live in Formentera del Segura, pay IBI of Eu 365 p.a. and get my bin emptied every day - when I lived in the UK 3 years ago, my Council Tax was £2,900 p.a., I had to sort my rubbish into three different bins, two of which were collected once a fortnight and the recycling bin only once every three weeks!

There are clearly some issues with the new contractors - the variety of posts suggest to me that there may be some pockets that aren't being adequately serviced, perhaps as the new contractors get to grips with the routes? I feel sorry for those people where this is happening regularly, but all the more reason to do as Martin suggests and call the Town Hall to report specific problems - repeated reporting will help the Council to identify any pattern of problem areas and give them the evidence they need to take up the issues with the contractors.

I remember the "Pothole hotline" in the UK when I lived there - can you imagine someone in the UK needing to be told to ring that? Or perhaps they just sit back and say, "I don't need to call, I'm sure the local Council will have an inspector to do that for me"!

Personally, I think Martin does a great job of keeping us informed of all manner of things and I'm grateful for his efforts.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby camionpilot » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:08 am

THATS what we pay the council for …..!!! :?
The whole round system is hit and miss , some streets are half done and left for days whilst others are done daily, maybe the councillers responsible should lever there fat rear ends out of there seat and leave there airconditioned offices and take a look out side at the real world ….!! ! :o
Are they also blind when they drive around the towns and not see the crap that is littering the streets , or is it the Spanish " cant be arsed shrug "".

Funny how the area around euromarina / hotel laguna is swept every morning from first light and kept tidy whilst the rest of us can whistle ..!! :(

Any one know why the other contractor had his contract revoked ?
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

PreviousNext