Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Refuse Collection

Re: Refuse Collection

Postby Lavender » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:12 am

.[/quote]If THE RUBBISH STREWN STREET worries you that much whats 10mins of your time to sweep it up,thats what I do!, the old sayings true, there's doers and there's talkers,[/quote]

Glassman: For your information I'm crippled with arthritis and refuse to clean the street around the bins. If I were able to "street clean" could I please come to your house with the rubbish because my kitchen bin is overflowing? Who the hell do you think you are? There is always one ignorant, rude person on this forum and it appears to be you.
Last edited by Lavender on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Lavender » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 am

camionpilot wrote:THATS what we pay the council for …..!!! :?
The whole round system is hit and miss , some streets are half done and left for days whilst others are done daily, maybe the councillers responsible should lever there fat rear ends out of there seat and leave there airconditioned offices and take a look out side at the real world ….!! ! :o
Are they also blind when they drive around the towns and not see the crap that is littering the streets , or is it the Spanish " cant be arsed shrug "".

Funny how the area around euromarina / hotel laguna is swept every morning from first light and kept tidy whilst the rest of us can whistle ..!! :(

Any one know why the other contractor had his contract revoked ?

Lavender

Postby Glassfull » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 am

GLASSMAN wrote:
Lavender wrote:
Harry Epsom wrote:Misplaced assumptions Martin. I saw Derek in his Quesada office a week last Wednesday and discussed the ongoing refuse collection problems with him, which he made plain he was already aware of. I am merely venting my frustration on the forum in knowing that the problem persists some 11 days later.

I agree with you entirely. I am sick and tired of the excuses the town hall makes. Last year one of our bins was taken away and not replaced. The administrators of the community complained to the town hall and we were promised a replacement, which we are still waiting for. The town hall is well aware of the disgusting streets and I feel sorry for the people who have bins outside their house. They end up having old sofas and mattresses outside their gates and garden rubbish strewn all over the place. Yes, it's the ignorant, selfish people who do this, but we pay our taxes for the council to sort it out. I have enough problems in my life with daily runs to the hospital without having to keep ringing the town hall about dustbins. They are well aware of the problem, so they should sort it out once and for all. The streets are going to be overrun with rats at this rate and it's sickening. The dustbin lorry even drove up the street without emptying the bins for God's sake. I thought they were going to come back down but obviously they didn't.
If THE RUBBISH STREWN STREET worries you that much whats 10mins of your time to sweep it up,thats what I do!, the old sayings true, there's doers and there's talkers,

One flaw Glassman, where are we to put the crap, the bins are full?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby 2Sheds » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:52 am

I blame Brexit.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Shiva » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:37 am

2Sheds wrote:I blame Brexit.
Shiva

Postby Glassfull » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:15 am

Day three without a collection, in our part of Dona Pepa. We seek out those bins that have been emptied but others!

I’ve contacted the Town Hall via Facebook Messenger and text message (thanks Martin) daily but I’ve not received a single reply.
Glassfull

Postby Martin the artist » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:49 am

Perhaps a visit to see the lady, Marta?, on the desk in Quesada municipal centre may be in order?
Martin the artist

Postby Glassfull » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Martin the artist wrote:Perhaps a visit to see the lady, Marta?, on the desk in Quesada municipal centre may be in order?

Since my previous post guess what? The lads came and emptied the bins and cleared the accumulated rubbish too.

Still no word from the Town Hall or refuse company!

Let’s wait and see if, in the next twenty four hours, they visit us again.
Glassfull

Postby Algorfawoman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:35 pm

Sorry Martin you are wrong, all we get from town halls are EXCUSES, namely it was the previous administration, or too late awarding contracts, it's always somebody else's fault except theirs ( the town hall) if Brits want to air their frustrations so be it, also remember a lot of us have a VOTE
Algorfawoman

Postby maria elena » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:27 pm

With WhatsApp, well, that was was 24 July last year.[/quote]
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

PreviousNext