Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Refuse Collection

Refuse Collection

Postby Lavender » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am

Well, I thought the refuse collection had been sorted out. The bins in our area weren't emptied again yesterday, even though we saw the dustbin lorry coming up the street and then went past all the bins without stopping!!!!! What the hell is going on?
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Refuse Collection

Postby Martin the artist » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 am

With the new waste collection service comes a new telephone number to report any incidences with trash and recycling containers.
The number to be used now is: 689 600 184
Give them a ring!
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Harry Epsom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Many bins in Doña Pepa are overflowing, having had no collection yesterday. This appears to have been a regular occurrence since the recently (re)elected administration at the town hall. We shouldn’t have to ring to ask for contractors to do the work we are paying them for through our taxes, and this bad service has been repeated often enough now for the town hall not to have done something about it. Hopefully Derek Monk will read this thread and get on the case.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Martin the artist » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:07 pm

The town hall are keen to sort the problems, but don't expect them to know without you telling them!
It's no use moaning to other forum users and I very much doubt whether Derek Monk will see your post either.
I think it is being a responsible citizen to bring this matter to the attention of the town hall & not expect others to do it for you.
If you're worried that you don't speak enough Spanish, send them a text in English n that number instead!
Martin the artist

Postby Sylwina » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Why the hectoring tone Martin? Why can’t people say things in an non lecturing, judgemental tone? People should be able to have a little vent without a sanctimonious critique from other members, As for ‘you can’t expect them to know without you telling them? Sorry but yes, I should be able to expect that!. When the Town Hall awards the refuse contract they should award it in the expectation that it will be executed efficiently and should have a system in place to make sure that it is, including an inspector if that is what it takes. The contractor should have it’s own quality control system in place to make sure they are doing what they are paid for. They should have a clearly defined routes which cover all bin areas overseen by the Town Hall and then follow it. Relying on good citizens to monitor it is not a good template.
Sylwina

Postby Martin the artist » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Well if you want to pay more taxes....
The town hall have asked for citizens to help hem and provided an easy way to do so, rather than having to employ extra staff!
It just annoys me that people free they should always complain rather than do something positive!
Have we become a nation of moaners?
Martin the artist

Postby Harry Epsom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:42 pm

Misplaced assumptions Martin. I saw Derek in his Quesada office a week last Wednesday and discussed the ongoing refuse collection problems with him, which he made plain he was already aware of. I am merely venting my frustration on the forum in knowing that the problem persists some 11 days later.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Martin the artist » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:19 pm

OK.... But a lot as happened in those 11 days!
I.e. new contractor, new number, etc. & now the town hall assumes everything is hunky dory.
If it plainly isn't. let them know!!!
I posted the new number as soon as it was available on the 1st July on here for folk to do just that!
https://www.talkquesada.com/quesada-general-discussion-f9/rubbish-recycling-new-contact-number-t37986.html
There's no point in me trying to help those who don't want to be helped!
Martin the artist

Postby Lavender » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Harry Epsom wrote:Misplaced assumptions Martin. I saw Derek in his Quesada office a week last Wednesday and discussed the ongoing refuse collection problems with him, which he made plain he was already aware of. I am merely venting my frustration on the forum in knowing that the problem persists some 11 days later.

I agree with you entirely. I am sick and tired of the excuses the town hall makes. Last year one of our bins was taken away and not replaced. The administrators of the community complained to the town hall and we were promised a replacement, which we are still waiting for. The town hall is well aware of the disgusting streets and I feel sorry for the people who have bins outside their house. They end up having old sofas and mattresses outside their gates and garden rubbish strewn all over the place. Yes, it's the ignorant, selfish people who do this, but we pay our taxes for the council to sort it out. I have enough problems in my life with daily runs to the hospital without having to keep ringing the town hall about dustbins. They are well aware of the problem, so they should sort it out once and for all. The streets are going to be overrun with rats at this rate and it's sickening. The dustbin lorry even drove up the street without emptying the bins for God's sake. I thought they were going to come back down but obviously they didn't.
Lavender

Postby Glassfull » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:41 pm

I communicate with the Town Hall via Facebook Messenger. I compose a message and use Google Translate to transfer it into Spanish, paste that translation into Messenger and e voila. Oops sorry, aquí tienes!
Glassfull

Next